skills: small arms,
weapons: shotguns, pistols, hard ass
thinking: In my first play, Lucia used pistols more than shotguns. It was often hard to establish a position to hit >2 enemies and no friendlies, especially with Major Tom running into the fray. It happened, but I guess pistol to shotgun ratio was maybe 75%/25%. Apparently the Jackhammer used to be 3 AP's, and is now 5 (a good balance change, IMHO). I'm considering giving Lucia the Jackhammer with the -1AP magazine mod, but I'm worried I won't get enough use out of the shotgun to matter. She seemed to fall naturally into the role of finishing off anything that got too close using the pistol.
skills: automatic weapons, kiss ass, explosives (for the PDW-01)
weapons: SMG, AR
skills: explosives, heavy weapons, sneaky shit, toaster repair
weapons: rocket launcher, HMG w/ fire mod, flamethrower
background: Goat Killer
quirk: death wish (to sustain 2 shots / turn)
skills: sniper rifle, mechanics, a bit of animal whisperer
weapons: sniper rifle, deploying mechanicals, party pal
thinking: I find snipers fun to play, but in my Ranger run, I never got any of the best SR's! I capped out at the Black Star. I didn't get the SR2000 because I didn't want to turn that girl over to the slavers, and I won't want to this time either. That leaves the Eliminator, which I never found. Some online guides say you can buy it from Cheebus, and I encountered Cheebus once, but he didn't sell it. I'm afraid if I don't find it this time either, it'll hurt my SJ team a lot.
quirk: circus freak
background: sex machine
skills: brawling, enough weird science for the exoskeleton armor, lockpicking
weapons: brawling weapons, cyberfist in utility slot
skills: leadership, first aid, weapon modding, nerd stuff
weapons: dunno. maybe melee, for backup crowd control via stunning blow? Or maybe a secondary SMG'er?
- I never used Overcharge. Bonus energy/cold/fire sounds great, but that 5% chance of the "weapon blowing up" sounded terrible to me. I don't want to lose a modded weapon one time in 20 that I fire it. Should I reconsider this for any reason?
- How is exp allocated? Does bypassing combat via talking generally leave you in about the same place, exp-wise, or is it better to fight most of the time?
- I didn't find several map locations last time, despite passing right by. I never got the Cannibal Jamboree event, for example. Is there some randomness to this, or did I miss doing something that triggers it? Ditto Knox Bison Ranch.
- I favored mobility over armor on Ranger. I'm inclined to make the same tradeoff in SJ. Reasonable?
- I'm inclined to try for more animals than just Major Tom this time, but I'm worried they'll just make it hard to use AOEs.