World Map Vendors Never Spawning?

Discuss Wasteland 3 gameplay topics like builds, systems, items, and combat. Please avoid spoilers in subject lines.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

contracandles
Initiate

World Map Vendors Never Spawning?

Post by contracandles »

What triggers the world map vendors? I just finished my second playthrough and I literally didn't see a single vendor for the entire game, unlike my first attempt. Do you need a certain level of survival? Do they just spawn anywhere randomly eve if you haven't explored there yet, and if you miss them that's it? I really don't understand how I didn't see one single vendore for the entire game.
FordPerfect
Initiate

Re: World Map Vendors Never Spawning?

Post by FordPerfect »

Yaw. No idea.
Got the same problem, especially for the Mutant Vendor selling high lvl weapons... :(
Looks like you're right and they spawn only once. Or maybe they're level-depended.
Knox Bison Range:
NPC A: "Howdy, name's Darryl."
NPC B (other voice): "Howdy, name's Darryl."
:mrgreen:
thebigT125
Initiate

Post by thebigT125 »

I'm having the same issue, though mine only started after the late-game meeting with a certain character at the Hoon Homestead
contracandles
Initiate

Post by contracandles »

I did another play through and every single vendor for every single faction spawned without even trying. In fact, several spawned multiple times. I literally got two Cheebus in one world map run around back to back. I had some points in survival this time, maybe it's a coincidence, maybe it's not.
RobberDoll109
Initiate

Post by RobberDoll109 »

Yep. Same Problem here plus normal Vendors in Towns does not have Ammo anymore.
Im so good as out of Rounds. I have Chash like crazy but its hard to shoot Enemys with Money
marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror »

RobberDoll109 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 4:35 am Yep. Same Problem here plus normal Vendors in Towns does not have Ammo anymore.
Im so good as out of Rounds. I have Chash like crazy but its hard to shoot Enemys with Money
Interesting. When I did my first runthrough, I ended the game with close to 1,000 ammo in just about every category. I with maybe a few exceptions at the the beginning of the game, I never struggled for lack of ammunition. I was somewhat frugal with it, but when I needed to shoot to kill an enemy I didn't hold back.

How odd that you actually have no ammo. Are we playing the same game?
Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool »

Also, the quartermaster in Ranger HQ refreshes his inventory at various plot benchmarks.
Alwa nasci korliri das.
BlueSpark
Scholar

Post by BlueSpark »

marceror wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:53 am I with maybe a few exceptions at the the beginning of the game, I never struggled for lack of ammunition. I was somewhat frugal with it, but when I needed to shoot to kill an enemy I didn't hold back.
I'm in the same boat. After the first 5 or so hours, I never came close to running out out any type of ammo (except when making heavy use of the Minigun and the Ripper in the middle stages of the game). But then again, this is what happens 90% of the time when a game says "Ammo is rare, so make your bullets count" - I always end up with massive ammo reserves. That's why I have to mod games like Fallout to lower the amount of loot.
RobberDoll109
Initiate

Post by RobberDoll109 »

marceror wrote: September 26th, 2020, 8:53 am
RobberDoll109 wrote: September 25th, 2020, 4:35 am Yep. Same Problem here plus normal Vendors in Towns does not have Ammo anymore.
Interesting. When I did my first runthrough, I ended the game with close to 1,000 ammo in just about every category. I with maybe a few exceptions at the the beginning of the game, I never struggled for lack of ammunition. I was somewhat frugal with it, but when I needed to shoot to kill an enemy I didn't hold back.

How odd that you actually have no ammo. Are we playing the same game?
hi hi.
The last time I looked it was Wasteland 3
That very good Game that needs some fixes.

Return to “Wasteland 3: Gameplay Discussion”