Steam PC v1.18: Enemy does not engage in combat if all your characters are armed with melee

Report bugs for developers to review.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Grave
Scholar

Steam PC v1.18: Enemy does not engage in combat if all your characters are armed with melee

Post by Grave »

Basically, if I have all my Rangers equipped with melee weapons, if I encounter an enemy at range, combat will not initiate unless I manually activate a battle round, or I move directly next to the enemy.

In most cases, if they are hostile, they should initiate combat as soon as they spot you.
Last edited by Grave on May 28th, 2020, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing about the desert: anything goes. It's just one big lawless sandbox. Do anything you want, but just don't get yourself killed. That tends to shorten your life span incredibly. Good luck, and may your Uzi never jam."
Grave
Scholar

Re: Steam PC v1.18: Enemy does not engage in combat if all your characters are armed with melee

Post by Grave »

Reconfirming this issue still exists on v1.18.

This ties into melee enemies not advancing/retreating during combat.

If I'm in combat with a melee enemy, all I have to so is be 14' away or greater and equip all melee weapons. This will end combat. The issue with this is you can easily navigate around and bypass certain melee enemies without actually having to fight them.
"One thing about the desert: anything goes. It's just one big lawless sandbox. Do anything you want, but just don't get yourself killed. That tends to shorten your life span incredibly. Good luck, and may your Uzi never jam."

Return to “Wasteland Remastered: Bug Report”