restoring power and adjustable settlemets.

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Cornbread
Initiate

restoring power and adjustable settlemets.

Post by Cornbread » March 6th, 2012, 5:50 am

First post here. I would love to play a game where you Build up a small settlement however you want to use as a base. Use scrap metal for walls, scrounge up electrical parts to repair equipment, and add new equipment as you discover new areas. I also think a detailed crafting system would be an amazing addition to a game like this. Using animal parts for clothing, armor or poison, breaking down electronic equipment for spare parts to repair other things, and making crazy weapons out of stuff you find. I would like to see your settleent grow depneding on how you run it. You could set up a bandit type camp, a trader outpost and even a scientific setup. You would still need defenses and weapons do protect yourself though.

Vandal delle 3V
Novice

Re: restoring power and adjustable settlemets.

Post by Vandal delle 3V » March 6th, 2012, 6:03 am

Resources gathering and crafting in single player games have become very popular since the advent of mmorpgs, and the only notable pre-mmoprg game with crafting I recall is Ultima 7.
So, why not?
I gladly second this.

Flamekebab
Acolyte

Post by Flamekebab » March 6th, 2012, 7:31 am

I like when I can make a tangible impact on the wasteland. I did not like that for all my wealth I could not really help those in the wasteland in Fallout 3. I was swimming in money and resources and yet I could do nothing with those things.

JollyFather
Initiate

Post by JollyFather » March 14th, 2012, 5:15 am

An interesting idea. I wouldn't mind either the more involved version OP mentioned or the "have some money/equipment/let_me_build_this_wall for you type of involvement.

But, I think this would be to much for the developers (and the projected time-frame of 18 months) unless it is included as a specific scenario/mission in the game.

But maybe as an add-on (especially if the game is going to have destructible environment) later on.

Best regards,

JF