Not a must include, but would be fun

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Aiydee
Novice

Not a must include, but would be fun

Post by Aiydee »

Wasteland 1, rebuilt with the wasteland 2 engine.

Play the original, but with the fancier graphics. Sure, the old timers will go on about remembering having to play this game with 16 colours and how the sounds were much better back in those days (Oh the sounds of auto-fire).

But if you're building the game engine, it'd be a cute test.

HOWEVER, this will probably detract too much from actual real game development. So... I suppose mod tools and a statement by someone wandering out the door "I hope noone uses this tool for great evil like recreating WL1 with the WL2 mod tool". We all know what happens when someone says something like that. It's the equivalent of the big red button with a sign saying "DO NOT PUSH" in a room full of ADHD kids.

AD
enderandrew
Scholar

Re: Not a must include, but would be fun

Post by enderandrew »

This has been suggested a few times. The problem is that EA owns the rights to the original Wasteland and likely isn't legally feasible.
Alaseur
Acolyte

Post by Alaseur »

That would be neat. I think it's all Wasteland 2 from this point on though. In the future maybe? I hear Baldur's gate is getting an enhancement.

Adderall helps quite a bit. PUSH!
Aiydee
Novice

Post by Aiydee »

Can't help it if the fans do it. Especially if told not to. (hence my comment about the devs + mod tools + leaving comments)

:P

Besides, where do the legalities extend to?

If the WL2 engine is completely different to the WL1 engine, then do we have fun with grey areas? A WL1 tribute using the WL2 engine..

I suppose this goes into the realm of lawyers and great evilness (including the wonders of broken copyright laws and the like)

AD

Return to “Wasteland 2: General Discussion”