My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Post Reply
klausfuture
Initiate
Posts: 1
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 10:59 am

My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by klausfuture »

Pretty sure these are already a lock, but they're at the top of my list:

1) Turn based, tactical combat
2) Stats heavy characters w/ meaningful stats heavy leveling choices
3) Ability to create entire party from scratch

At this point, I am delighted. I am playing the game non-stop, and I am not shutting up about it to anyone who will listen.

Now for the wishlist:

1) A viable monk type class - i.e. the guy you want with you when you're inevitably kidnapped & lose all your gear (doesn't have to be martial arts, just some innate power that cannot be stripped away)
2) Tough moral calls (not as simple as good vs evil, and sometimes with lose/lose scenarios) with tough / rewarding / most importantly meaningful consequences
3) A legacy system that allows you to either procreate with someone in the game or adopt a kid you meet in the game, and play your progeny during subsequent playthroughs (even if it makes no sense because you're playing through the same time period again)
4) An ending that leaves itself open for later updates that could raise the level cap and add content
5) Some sort of asynchronous in game presence of friends playing the game (i.e. don't have to be online at the same time - maybe like when offered a quest reward, you can choose between a large personal bonus, or a smaller bonus shared between you and any friends who also complete the quest - or even just sharing stats of people you tagged as friends so you can see how you stack up in performing a mission)
6) Super detailed options in combat for targeting specific areas of whatever you're attacking - maybe supported by an anatomy skill (or skills) that would enhance your range of options
7) Isometric viewpoint, but with the ability to see through the eyes of the selected character
GROUNDZERO
Novice
Posts: 40
Joined: March 15th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by GROUNDZERO »

"Fargo Presents" in the opening cinematic. There will be one?
User avatar
Gabriel77Dan
Explorer
Posts: 328
Joined: March 15th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by Gabriel77Dan »

klausfuture wrote:7) Isometric viewpoint, but with the ability to see through the eyes of the selected character
So first person perspective?
With guns in combat.
Making it a turn-based first person shooter?
kraze
Novice
Posts: 36
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 6:44 am

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by kraze »

No. Just no to all on that wishlist. No. Please NO.
Sov
Initiate
Posts: 7
Joined: March 15th, 2012, 2:11 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by Sov »

klausfuture wrote:Pretty sure these are already a lock, but they're at the top of my list:

1) Turn based, tactical combat
2) Stats heavy characters w/ meaningful stats heavy leveling choices
3) Ability to create entire party from scratch

At this point, I am delighted. I am playing the game non-stop, and I am not shutting up about it to anyone who will listen.

Now for the wishlist:

1) A viable monk type class - i.e. the guy you want with you when you're inevitably kidnapped & lose all your gear (doesn't have to be martial arts, just some innate power that cannot be stripped away)
2) Tough moral calls (not as simple as good vs evil, and sometimes with lose/lose scenarios) with tough / rewarding / most importantly meaningful consequences
3) A legacy system that allows you to either procreate with someone in the game or adopt a kid you meet in the game, and play your progeny during subsequent playthroughs (even if it makes no sense because you're playing through the same time period again)
4) An ending that leaves itself open for later updates that could raise the level cap and add content
5) Some sort of asynchronous in game presence of friends playing the game (i.e. don't have to be online at the same time - maybe like when offered a quest reward, you can choose between a large personal bonus, or a smaller bonus shared between you and any friends who also complete the quest - or even just sharing stats of people you tagged as friends so you can see how you stack up in performing a mission)
6) Super detailed options in combat for targeting specific areas of whatever you're attacking - maybe supported by an anatomy skill (or skills) that would enhance your range of options
7) Isometric viewpoint, but with the ability to see through the eyes of the selected character
Since you put 1-3 (which are already projected as being in the game) and started at 1 again I'll go for the lower numbers. Just to avoid confusion.

1) No.
2) Of course.
3) Seriously, if you don't mind playing in the same time period just name your character SHEPARD JR and LARP it up. Don't request a feature for it.
4) No. Make a whole game in one go. Don't leave it open so you can sell cut content. This is not a DLC game and an ending should not foreshadow patches.
5) E-mail. Skype. Chat rooms. They should not devote resources to making you social.
6) Sure.
7) No. Waste of resources.


I'm not sure where half of those came from.
User avatar
SilverSam
Scholar
Posts: 103
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by SilverSam »

I see some good points, like the three first ones (creating your entire party is really good). But in the others, the option to have a son and a family and the first person one are very off topic in this game. The others are kinda atractive, but there are other ones that are important too:
1-Experience system based in what the character made in the battle (ex: Healing/using item=Low experience/Attacking and hit=Med Experience/Attacking and dealing lethal damage=High Experience)
2-Can talk with enemies to convince/bribe/scare to leave the battle and gain some rewards
3-You can gain some Perks through making some quests that include some strong and influent moral desicions.
4-The unarmed combat should be still aviable.
5-Some locations that don't have nothing but under some special ciscumstances happens some serious or scary shit (like the Lone Wolf rumour of NV)
6-Be able to kill everything, even children (you can call me sick fuck, but i'm trying to get real in the cruel world of the wasteland)
7-If you kill an entire town in a killing spree, people will recognice you for killing the entire town or call you names
8-If you eat/drink alcohol too much you suffer some penalties in battle (miss more, limited movement, etc)
9-Positions in battle (to be hidden you can be crouched or laid in the ground) These can get you some advantages (more defense agains ranged attacks, more critical hits and accurancy) but also some disadvantages (less movement range, more damage taken from close attacks...)
User avatar
konjad
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: March 15th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by konjad »

Either what OP said or instead include romances, engaging story and pre-made hero.
And one day, when you leave your home, encounter Wild Codexian Machete Rape Gang.

Isometric view and turn based combat are must-have for me, I take it as a given you will include them and I gave my money only because of that. There's already enough action first/third person erotic games and obviously I'm not here to get another one. I really hope you will live up to my hopes. Do not listed to the biodrones, DO NOT include romances and gameplay with a good turn based combat system should be your main focus.
User avatar
SilverSam
Scholar
Posts: 103
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by SilverSam »

konjad wrote:Either what OP said or instead include romances, engaging story and pre-made hero.
And one day, when you leave your home, encounter Wild Codexian Machete Rape Gang.

Isometric view and turn based combat are must-have for me, I take it as a given you will include them and I gave my money only because of that. There's already enough action first/third person erotic games and obviously I'm not here to get another one. I really hope you will live up to my hopes. Do not listed to the biodrones, DO NOT include romances and gameplay with a good turn based combat system should be your main focus.
Good to hear that, pal. Romance and shooters aren't mean to be made. If we want romance or sex, we have Visual Novels or other things. If we want shooters, we have COD or Battlefield. Now we want this, and this is why we put our money
User avatar
Proton Axeman
Explorer
Posts: 277
Joined: March 13th, 2012, 5:03 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by Proton Axeman »

First-person view is actually quite useful in a TB tactical combat game where you have cover, non-combatants, or anything else you don't want to shoot. Unless the game gives you a good estimation of your hit probabilities (including advising you of when you're likely to hit somebody else or something else that's significant), eyeballing it is often the only way to judge whether you have a clear shot when you're considering things like door/window frames, oblique angles, targets crouching by furniture, and so forth.

Now, if the game doesn't actually have that detailed tactical combat, and I don't think that's been promised (and it's not entirely clear that it should be, if combats are as frequent as they were in the original game) there's no FPV to include.
User avatar
SilverSam
Scholar
Posts: 103
Joined: March 16th, 2012, 1:33 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by SilverSam »

Proton Axeman wrote:First-person view is actually quite useful in a TB tactical combat game where you have cover, non-combatants, or anything else you don't want to shoot. Unless the game gives you a good estimation of your hit probabilities (including advising you of when you're likely to hit somebody else or something else that's significant), eyeballing it is often the only way to judge whether you have a clear shot when you're considering things like door/window frames, oblique angles, targets crouching by furniture, and so forth.

Now, if the game doesn't actually have that detailed tactical combat, and I don't think that's been promised (and it's not entirely clear that it should be, if combats are as frequent as they were in the original game) there's no FPV to include.
If it's for the hit probabilities, FF tactics had good things to deal with that. Also, the orientation f the character should matter to the hit rate. A character you shoot in the back it's not the same if you shoot them in the front
User avatar
Quarex
Scholar
Posts: 132
Joined: March 6th, 2012, 2:46 pm

Re: My list of "MUST HAVE (please?)'s"

Post by Quarex »

Ambiguous moral choices, an open ending (that is pure Wasteland), and to some degree targeting body parts (though I do not want it to be Fallout Again in this regard), are good, but I agree that the other four things you want are profoundly Not Wasteland At All.
Post Reply

Return to “Wasteland 2: General Discussion”