Night/Day Time Passage. and Daily Rountines

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Celtic927
Explorer

Night/Day Time Passage. and Daily Rountines

Post by Celtic927 »

Night and Day and the passage of time should have an intimate meaning for your characters and the world. While most towns in the Fallouts kept Shopper keeper hours. There also should be different things to do that happen only at night. Places only the toughest to dare tread to at night because violent groups meet to have death matches or nocturnal beasts crawl from the earth etc...

Also there should be different things to do at different times of month and different times of day. E.G. The Caravan jobs and the boxing matches from FO 1 & 2. The world needs to feel alive in this way. That aside from saving the world your players can participate in the sports, jobs, maybe hunting expeditions of the living world that go on daily with or without you.
-CHris
Cooking up Blood Sausage since 1988.
BloodNET
Initiate

Re: Night/Day Time Passage. and Daily Rountines

Post by BloodNET »

Celtic927 wrote:Night and Day and the passage of time should have an intimate meaning for your characters and the world. While most towns in the Fallouts kept Shopper keeper hours. There also should be different things to do that happen only at night. Places only the toughest to dare tread to at night because violent groups meet to have death matches or nocturnal beasts crawl from the earth etc...
Fully agree :)
XXBladeRunner
Initiate

Post by XXBladeRunner »

Love it, want it. It could give a low level fog of war during night times.
Celtic927
Explorer

Post by Celtic927 »

I think it opens a lot of strength to the immersion factor of the game. Even though the series is completely a different genre i think games the Quest For Glory Franchise did a great job of making it advantageous to find places to camp for the night until you could handle the night. I wish I could think of a better example, but having things that only happen at Night, things that only happen at day time does make for excellent immersion. It forces you to develop a routine...Like in real life, You might have to wait for something...or take a morning guard duty on city wall somewhere that goes from 8 -12 taking out Drools and Shadow Crawlers, or go on a quick caravan run to pass the day, Have a quick boxing match before dinner, and be ready to go on that quest you can only do btw 9PM- 2AM that evening.

And people who hate and don't want full days with their chars, can easily camp for 17 hours. Conceptually, I think it has been done in both FO 1 & 2 I think it can be better in WL 2

Let me know what you guys think
-CHris
Cooking up Blood Sausage since 1988.
Sxerks
Global Moderator

Post by Sxerks »

A day/night thread in the Game Mechanics section.

Return to “Wasteland 2: General Discussion”