Crazy characters

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

alexandergr
Acolyte

Crazy characters

Post by alexandergr » March 15th, 2012, 10:24 am

How about giving us the option to play a crazy character? I could have fun playing someone with multiple personalities since I suffer from it and it would be cool to have us represented! I would certainly buy your game! I could have a character sheet with multiple pages, one for every personality.
Also, paranoia would be awesome. Always having the sense that they hunt you!
How about schizophrenia? Maybe seeing things that don't really exist in the world. You could interact with them but no one else acknowledges their existence! How about being able to marry my imaginary girlfriend and live in an imaginary house? I want to be able to create an imaginary post-apocalyptic company that sells radioactive sand.

ykblaze
Initiate

Re: Crazy characters

Post by ykblaze » March 15th, 2012, 10:30 am

I don't agree with the most things you propose, but schizophrenia definatly sounds interesting...
I think that making such a trait would be awesome.

Bank12
Initiate

Post by Bank12 » March 15th, 2012, 10:31 am

This has to be a joke.

alexandergr
Acolyte

Post by alexandergr » March 15th, 2012, 10:54 am

I don't understand your response. It's a real life issue and it would be nice to see it in more games. For example, Bloodlines had different dialogue for the Malkavians. We could move madness to the next level and it would make some people happy.

xbeaker
Initiate

Post by xbeaker » March 15th, 2012, 11:28 am

We don't need to include something just because it is a 'real life issue' Also there has never been a real confirmed case of multiple personalities.

alexandergr
Acolyte

Post by alexandergr » March 15th, 2012, 11:46 am

Ah, yes, you are right. My mistake. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociati ... y_disorder