l10n - I hope it goes here

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Hoodoo
Initiate

l10n - I hope it goes here

Post by Hoodoo » March 14th, 2012, 10:46 am

On Kickstarter, there are some rumors that Wasteland 2 would be translated to this or that language if you collect that much money.

How about trying and crowdsourcing the translation?

I'm not sure about the quality, though. That's why I don't use localized interfaces whatsoever. But probably we could make some interpreters contest to make sure people understand the spirit of the wastelands or something like that. %)

On the other hand, it must not, under any circumstances, be more of a hassle than hiring interpreters or leaving the game unlocalized. That's just a small idea for the fans to discuss, a tiny little extra, and if it's a bad idea, developers should just ignore it.

Sxerks
Global Moderator

Re: l10n - I hope it goes here

Post by Sxerks » March 14th, 2012, 11:48 am

Allowing for the loading of unofficial language packs would be a good idea. Translating all the item names, journal text, dialog trees, and whatever else might take a while. Hopefully you don't end up with "bad words" in the translation like Minecraft did recently.