Uses for the map

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Jack Dandy
Scholar

Uses for the map

Post by Jack Dandy » March 14th, 2012, 9:11 am

I know the boxed version will have a cloth map so I got that, but I have a question about it-

Will it just be a thing that looks pretty, or could you actually use it to find your way around the game world?

While playing Ultima 4, I printed out the map, and was surprised at how accurate it was and just how much it helped me get around Britannia. :lol:
I would love it if you designed the game's map to be practical.

I realize some people will only have a digital version though, so naturally make an in-game map as well. (No unlimited quick travel / quest compass, please!)

tl;dr: It would be very neat to navigate the wastelands with the real map. Please design it to be useful!

Citronvand
Novice

Re: Uses for the map

Post by Citronvand » March 14th, 2012, 10:32 am

Jack Dandy wrote:I know the boxed version will have a cloth map so I got that, but I have a question about it-

Will it just be a thing that looks pretty, or could you actually use it to find your way around the game world?

While playing Ultima 4, I printed out the map, and was surprised at how accurate it was and just how much it helped me get around Britannia. :lol:
I would love it if you designed the game's map to be practical.

I realize some people will only have a digital version though, so naturally make an in-game map as well. (No unlimited quick travel / quest compass, please!)

tl;dr: It would be very neat to navigate the wastelands with the real map. Please design it to be useful!

Are you me?

Seriously, I was just thinking about this 5 min ago and yes, even the part about Ultima 4.

Jack Dandy
Scholar

Post by Jack Dandy » March 14th, 2012, 2:00 pm

I know, man! They have a really nice opportunity with this game, and I'd love to get that "Explorer" feeling once again.

enderandrew
Scholar

Post by enderandrew » March 14th, 2012, 2:25 pm

I miss all my cloth Ultima maps.

:(