Roaming gangs

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

greyzebra
Initiate

Roaming gangs

Post by greyzebra » March 13th, 2012, 10:46 pm

Here is my idea: Wasteland is a lawless place... I think it is very easy to imagine the seedy streets of its cities, the busy marketplace, and the gangs. Roaming in the street 4-5 people just looking around, maybe occasionally shouts "Out of the way you (some insults)!" or do small disturbing things. Basically people will run or stay away if they meet them, and you can avoid them or encounter them, and their reaction will be based on your karma, reputation, etc. These gangs should be powerful enough so that they represent some authority in the place they roam in. Maybe they have schedule, like visiting some tavern, then prowl in the street, then back in their base. You can just avoid them, fight them in daylight or sneak up on them when they are most unaware.

SniperHF
Adventurer

Re: Roaming gangs

Post by SniperHF » March 14th, 2012, 12:33 am

I imagine you'll see elements of that in W2 depending on the location. I'm sure some areas will be more lawful than others ;)

greyzebra
Initiate

Re: Roaming gangs

Post by greyzebra » March 14th, 2012, 12:43 am

I saw them in Fallout 1 if I am not mistaken, in the Hub, near a campfire. Raiders I think. But they are not walking, just standing there. Whenever I approach them they will start a fight immediately. I imagine if they move around things would be more interesting

Well not in every areas. Some will probably lawful and there are no gangs. Others will probably controlled by factions. It will be great if we could see them walking around together and do stuff.