please tell me theres a mod for this inconvenience...

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

gabeperron
Initiate

please tell me theres a mod for this inconvenience...

Post by gabeperron » April 21st, 2019, 7:05 am

So guys picked this game up recently.

Excited that its a successor of the old fallout series

Played now for several hours. I had some annoying issues learning the game and almost gave up on it, but anyway i am deciding to give it another shot.

Maybe the learning curve is getting me or just some issues some are irking me.

My first tweak was increasing the combat speed that seems to have helped alot.

My second issue is using skills on items takes forever. Theres at least a 10 second delay. therefore disabling an alarm and picking a lock takes 20 seconds so therefore if there is 3 of them in one room your looking at one minute flat.

Any mod that can hit them instantly? It would be really nice i feel it really affects the flow of the game having to wait. The battles are pretty much non stop so why sit there and spend all this time on opening or unlocking or breaking doors? I almost feel like id rather just skip them if i could.

So yeah what how have you guys dealt with it?

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: please tell me theres a mod for this inconvenience...

Post by Gizmo » April 21st, 2019, 10:54 am

I never had a problem with the delay; it's plausible. What I didn't like was the implausible contents of the locked containers.
Like this one, with a bomb in it, located inside an infirmary; it means if a patient got up and tried to open the box, they could injure or kill themselves, the staff, and/or other patients. No sane person puts a bomb in an infirmary ward, and no medical staff would allow it to remain there.

*But yes, it is good to have a more appropriate —at least pseudo-Fallout game again. That's more than we will ever get from Bethesda.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » April 21st, 2019, 2:01 pm

gabeperron wrote:
April 21st, 2019, 7:05 am
Excited that its a successor of the old fallout series
:cry:

My second issue is using skills on items takes forever.
They speed up as you increase your skill level.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » April 21st, 2019, 2:16 pm

Two InXile reps asked me [in person] what I thought of Wasteland 2, and I told them truthfully [of course], that it was the best unofficial successor to Fallout that I had seen. Alas, they didn't seem enthused by this, and then it struck me that perhaps they really didn't know, or realize this; nor intend it.

! Someone had to intend it, because that wouldn't happen by accident—and certainly not from THIS studio, given their history and founder, or else it's a grand case of mass-cryptomnesia. I liked and enjoyed the game for this more than anything else, and was otherwise disappointed that it was not as good and faithful a sequel (mechanically) to Wasteland, as it was at copying —in this case Fallout:Tactics—in the ways that a Fallout game generally should. But hey! One doesn't look a [$70] gifthorse in the mouth. I didn't get the sequel to Wasteland, but I got a decent Fallout:Tactics clone... which is arguably better to have. I'm content. 8-)

I wish New Vegas could have been closer to Wasteland 2 than just an impressively tweaked FO3 clone.

*I will buy the Krome remaster of Wasteland when it appears; that will have to serve as the Wasteland sequel I didn't get.
**I would buy a Krome (or InXile) rework of WL2 and/or WL3, and/or BT4, if done in Krome's Unity template... or at least similarly done using Unreal.

***But I would not buy another game done to the BT4 template. :(

As for the modding request... That's a question probably best asked of Executor.