D/C Sue's quest trigger bugged.

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

RVallant
Initiate

D/C Sue's quest trigger bugged.

Post by RVallant » January 25th, 2018, 9:40 pm

I'm at Ag Centre trying to get Sue to give me his 'fix things' quest. I've used perception in his room, no dice. I've got Rose, have checked both pigeon coops, still no dice. If I click on them it's just standard-fare 'pop pop pop' observation.

Whatever I do, Sue won't play nice and give his quest. If I type in keywords I get told I've already discussed the issue.

Any work around?

Gillsing
Scholar

Re: D/C Sue's quest trigger bugged.

Post by Gillsing » January 26th, 2018, 3:02 am

Have you already saved Ag Center then? I think you might need to do that to get Sue to realise what the results of his actions will be. But I'm not sure.

RVallant
Initiate

Post by RVallant » January 26th, 2018, 5:18 am

Yes, I saved Ag Centre. I went to Highpool aftermath as well, and went-back and forth between the maps to try and trigger something.

When I talk to Matt, he says he has to let Sue go because of his mistakes, but Sue himself just stone-walls me. I have reasonably high perception (5 I think) at this stage too, but still nothing. The only thing I can do is loop the dialogue about the pigeon poo on his boots but that's it. It's odd!

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » January 26th, 2018, 5:52 am

Oh, you didn't leave Ag Center before trying to get the quest, did you? I'm pretty sure the window of opportunity to get Sue's quest is between saving Ag Center and leaving Ag Center. But if you tried to get the quest at that time, then I don't know what might be missing, unless it's one of the dialogue skills, but you would've seen that. A distant possibility might be that he refuses to speak to Rangers with too little Charisma or something?

RVallant
Initiate

Post by RVallant » January 26th, 2018, 11:21 am

Spoke to him initially as I rescued him, got the speech checks (couldn't do it), but I did all the perception dialogues. Then went to the other field, shot up the 'boss', went back and chatted nothing. I went back and forth a lot hunting for a perception dig for the Ag Centre book. I'm guessing the issue is Rose not prompting to go visit him, I did go by the pigeon cages while doing the AG mission, seeing as I picked up all the poop. =x

I don't know, I've moved on now, but a bit bummed I don't get to go rescue the other places, I just have a ton of serum thingie but nothing to do with them now. :(

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » January 26th, 2018, 12:44 pm

Oh, if you couldn't do the dialogue checks, then that's surely why you didn't get the quest. And you don't get a second chance for dialogue checks unless you find a way to avoid having them offered until you've raised those skills.

RVallant
Initiate

Post by RVallant » January 27th, 2018, 7:03 am

Yeah I figured that, but I read there's supposed to be an alternative trigger via Rose and the pigeon coops?

Matt and Kath Lawson are basically talking to me as if I've been given the quest, talking as if I've already revealed Sue's mistake. That looks particularly odd, so I'm guessing there's a trigger somewhere that didn't get set properly. Alas!

Gillsing
Scholar

Post by Gillsing » January 27th, 2018, 8:07 am

As far as I know you should get the quest regardless. One time I'm pretty sure I got the quest from Kathy Lawson through the radio as I was leaving Ag Center after saving it. Not sure what my interaction had been with Sue in that game. It's possible that I either forgot to talk to him or revealed what he'd done to Kathy (which I wasn't supposed to do). Never heard of any trigger involving Rose and/or the pigeon coops though. But I haven't researched that quest, as I've never had any problems with it.

It might be that any alternative trigger for the quest is restricted to the original version of the game, and removed for the Director's Cut, or not included in the original version in case that's what you're playing. Some quests were apparently changed for various reasons, so be aware of that when you read information about this game. Though it definitely seems buggy that other NPCs are talking as if you've been given a quest that you haven't been given.