Soundtrack by: Mark Morgan?

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Eich
Novice

Soundtrack by: Mark Morgan?

Post by Eich » March 13th, 2012, 2:32 am

Greetings,

I wonder if you guys already employed a soundtrack creating genius? Because the soundtrack of Mark Morgan for F1/F2 was an integral part of the Fallout experience. I cannot imagine how this game would have fared without "Metallic Monks" or "Acolytes of the New God" in the background. This is why I would like to suggest that you guys ask Mark if he would be kind enough to create the Soundtrack for Wasteland as well.

If this is out of the question then consider my second suggestion.
Create a dark room with food for at least several days stocked in. Then lock in the creator of the new soundtrack with a copy of F1/F2 and let him soack in the athmosphere. After he has finished playing through the games and created a soundtrack fitting for Wasteland 2 he may burn some tow to create white smoke which signals that he succeeded.

TheSpiceMustFlow
Novice

Re: Soundtrack by: Mark Morgan?

Post by TheSpiceMustFlow » March 13th, 2012, 3:05 am

It's already confirmed. They have Mark Morgan on the team.

Ausir
Scholar

Post by Ausir » March 13th, 2012, 3:59 am

Indeed, Mark Morgan already is on board, as are all main designers of the original Wasteland. That said, I don't want the soundtrack to just be a copy of Fallout's - I'd love for Mark to make it distinct.

Eich
Novice

Post by Eich » March 13th, 2012, 4:10 am

Well that's great news! Naturally it should be a different soundtrack. It's a different setting so it should have a different vibe to it. But Morgan succeeded in creating the perfect track for Fallout and Planescape so I think he will also succeed in creating it for Wasteland 2.