On a Mac or Xbox One?

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

jgsb2001
Initiate

On a Mac or Xbox One?

Post by jgsb2001 » January 25th, 2016, 5:53 pm

I have only played four games on a MAC computer (actually any computer) - Fallout 1/2 and Civilization IV/V. Does Wasteland 2 work the same way as those games . . . as far as working with the mouse? I want the management system to be fluid/easy to handle. Would that be better with a MAC mouse or Xbox One controller?

paultakeda
Forum Moderator

Re: On a Mac or Xbox One?

Post by paultakeda » January 28th, 2016, 2:00 pm

I'm thinking you go with the system you prefer to game on. With the newest version providing game controller UI support, it really boils down to what you'd rather sit in front of for a few hours.

jgsb2001
Initiate

Post by jgsb2001 » January 29th, 2016, 2:02 pm

Cool, that is good to hear then. I'm going with the mac version so I can play on my laptop or main rig.

Thank you for the reply Paul!

jgsb2001
Initiate

Post by jgsb2001 » July 25th, 2016, 6:43 pm

I just finished today (7/25/16) . . . I purchased the game on Steam for Mac and loved every second of this game.

I now have a new standard for RPG games - WL2 gave me the experience I was looking for compared to newer "RPGs" I bought for my xBox One.

Thank you InExile and everyone who create this game. I truly look forward to a WL3 (I read that terminal! hahaha) and I'm now going to give one of your other titles a spin.

Awesome job!

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » October 15th, 2016, 4:40 am

As a relatively inexperienced macOS gamer, did you have many issues? I've never played games in macOS before, but I've been thinking of getting a Mac to play cRPGs since I think it would be easier than migrating to Linux or migrating to FreeBSD and emulating Linux.