[UNOFFICIAL] Director's Cut FAQ & Discussion

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

kurosawa
Acolyte

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] GOTY Edition FAQ

Post by kurosawa » May 12th, 2015, 2:09 am

sounds nice.

what about the savegames from the old version? will they work with the upgraded version?
i am in the middle of a game and dont wanna start from the beginning.

thanks
"I don't want to be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me." , The Departed (2006)

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » May 12th, 2015, 2:51 am

sear wrote:Given the absolutely massive number of changes from the "original" version of the game to the GOTY Edition, you won't be able to use your old saves. The addition of Perks and Quirks means that any old characters wouldn't have them, for example, and our bug fixes and rebalancing of the game will mean your old characters likely won't play well in the new version either. There's also engine-level improvements that make the old save files incompatible.

That said, we think you'll definitely want to start over so you can fully enjoy all the improvements and updates.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/di ... 0545102486
updated the faq with this information

Tets
Master

Post by Tets » June 5th, 2015, 6:02 am

updated the FAQ

1. The GOTY Edition will be a separate product in your game library, rather than a patch to the existing build.

2. We do have a handful of new unique weapons to find, too.

:D

AndreaColombo
Novice

Post by AndreaColombo » June 15th, 2015, 11:54 am

Guys,

got a question about the GOTY edition—hopefully one of the devs can chime in and confirm or deny.

Will it introduce native support for higher-resolution UI? IIRC, right now UI assets and font are upscaled beyond 1920x1080; would be awesome if the GOTY upped the ante to 2560x1440 or even 4K.
"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."
— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fear

Sxerks
Global Moderator

Post by Sxerks » June 24th, 2015, 6:24 am

So now it's the "Director's Cut".

And, just wondering, since it will be a separate product in the game library, will it have it's own achievements, trading cards, and forum in Steam?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » June 24th, 2015, 7:18 am

Sxerks wrote:So now it's the "Director's Cut".

And, just wondering, since it will be a separate product in the game library, will it have it's own achievements, trading cards, and forum in Steam?
We want to make it its own separate game entry and install so you can keep playing the original. So if we can do it that way then we will.

I'm not 100% sure how that works but that may introduce new cards, achievements, etc. But maybe there's also a way to transfer those over. I think there's arguments on both sides.

Bard to the Future
Initiate

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Director's Cut FAQ

Post by Bard to the Future » July 2nd, 2015, 6:48 pm

Wow this is awesome! I just started playing this game and I am loving it. Can't wait for the GoTY edition. Everything looks so cool !!

saintsfan
Initiate

Post by saintsfan » July 9th, 2015, 1:46 pm

While I'm sure it's been looked at already and might not even be an actual trait, does anyone wonder why the Hypochondriac trait mentions you're a germaphobe but you can't use healing items on yourself? If anything, a hypochondriac germaphobe would be worse at healing others and better at healing themselves. As a hypochondriac we're assuming they've been dealing with their own ailments for a while(mistakenly or not) and as a germaphobe you'd be excessively 'clean' and afraid of the germs and bodily fluids of others. The trait just doesn't make much sense?

EDIT: And I see in another topic that this has been addressed...so...yeah.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » July 9th, 2015, 1:54 pm

I think they changed the name of Hypochondriac to something else. Anyway, what's in a name? The gameplay impact is all I really care about - I'd just call it "Fear of Needles" in my own mind and model it as someone who is too terrified to inject themselves. :)

Udzi
Initiate

Post by Udzi » July 23rd, 2015, 1:15 am

I have one question.

For now we have combat camera that jumps around on every active combatant during the combat. Free combat camera mod made it lot more enjoyable for me and few other people.

Are there any plans to add option in the new edition to turn off combat camera?

-Archangel-
Adventurer

Post by -Archangel- » July 23rd, 2015, 5:30 am

Udzi wrote:I have one question.

For now we have combat camera that jumps around on every active combatant during the combat. Free combat camera mod made it lot more enjoyable for me and few other people.

Are there any plans to add option in the new edition to turn off combat camera?
I want to know that as well. I also prefer a camera that is under my control.

MrMoe
Explorer

Post by MrMoe » September 15th, 2015, 1:57 am

you could update the release date to 13th october

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=13449

I hope they fixed that "armor is useless lategame" and better heavy and sniper weapons ...

Crosmando
Supreme Jerk

Post by Crosmando » September 15th, 2015, 8:42 am

I'm hoping for more Brawling weapons, there's only a handful in the entire game
Matthias did nothing wrong!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 15th, 2015, 12:35 pm

Frankly, a brawling rebalance wouldn't be amiss. It's really damn broken late-game.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 15th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Drool wrote:Frankly, a brawling rebalance wouldn't be amiss. It's really damn broken late-game.
All weapons have been rebalanced in the Director's Cut, though I believe Brawling still maintains the same general curve (weak early game, powerful late game).

But really, all weapon types will be powerful late game. The difference is so will enemies', so you will die much faster if you stand out in the open.

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Post by SagaDC » September 15th, 2015, 11:54 pm

sear wrote:
Drool wrote:Frankly, a brawling rebalance wouldn't be amiss. It's really damn broken late-game.
All weapons have been rebalanced in the Director's Cut, though I believe Brawling still maintains the same general curve (weak early game, powerful late game).

But really, all weapon types will be powerful late game. The difference is so will enemies', so you will die much faster if you stand out in the open.
I think the big problem with Brawling is that it's the only weapon skill that enjoys an "invisible" damage bonus based on the character's level. Since the character can go up to Level 40, that's a huge hidden bonus by the end of the game.

I do want Brawling to remain a viable weapon skill, but at the same time it's weird that it's currently one of the most recommended skills in walkthroughs (next to Assault Rifles, which at least makes a bit more sense from a "real life" standpoint).

Cowboy
Initiate

Post by Cowboy » September 30th, 2015, 3:04 am

Will this be in the directors cut?

Armor is visible on characters:

"Currently, no, but it probably will be at a later point in the beta. One of the demo videos (the one showing off the inventory screen) shows a character having armor equipped (helmet, vest, and pants), and his avatar is updated accordingly with a visual representation of the equipment.

At the moment, all of the clothing and armor items seem to be nothing but placeholders."

PiPboy
Explorer

Re: [UNOFFICIAL] Director's Cut FAQ & Discussion

Post by PiPboy » October 4th, 2015, 10:59 am

I think one question that needs to be answered is.
Will I have to redownload the entire game? or will DC be available as a patch to the original?
DC stands for Definitive Console Edition - Directors Cut was a misnomer.
My Silent protest to PC Unfriendly UI changes.

Gruftlord
Explorer

Post by Gruftlord » October 4th, 2015, 11:31 am

the DC will be a separate entry on Steam, so you will need to download it anew. it's also possibly bigger than the original with its higher quality assets and graphics.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 4th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Gruftlord wrote:the DC will be a separate entry on Steam, so you will need to download it anew. it's also possibly bigger than the original with its higher quality assets and graphics.
Actual download and install size is smaller than the original game. Assets are higher-res, but we have better compression for them this time around. On my hard drive, I am seeing ~20 GB for the original game and ~15 GB for the Director's Cut.