Combat...

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

RansomIblis
Initiate

Combat...

Post by RansomIblis » March 7th, 2012, 7:38 pm

Never played Wasteland before, and loaded it up to try it out in anticipation of Wasteland 2. The combat in the original seems very, very strange: you can faint and recover multiple times in combat? This just makes no sense. Combat in the first cave, for instance, takes FOREVER, and that's only because your party members keep on fainting and waking up again, only to be smacked down because you have 1 health.

I don't know what kind of engine WL2 will have, but certainly looking to Fallout 1 & 2 for combat mechanics wouldn't be a bad idea.

Proton Axeman
Explorer

Re: Combat...

Post by Proton Axeman » March 13th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Think of it as characters being staggered and temporarily senseless. If you're UNC, you'll come to in a while, given the chance; if you're SER or worse, you've likely sustained a gaping wound and are at risk of bleeding out or the like.

Later on, if you're not properly armored you run into attack forms which can knock you past UNC and SER straight into CRT (and possibly COM/MOR; I never tried engaging the end-game robots unarmored. Maybe the plasma-cannon robots can kill a weak unarmored character outright.), i.e. rapidly made very close to death.