Collector's Edition Thread

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

mindx2
Acolyte

Re: Collector's Edition Thread

Post by mindx2 » February 9th, 2015, 12:10 pm

Just received this in my inbox:
Hello Backer,

We're happy to confirm that your Doomsday Kit for Wasteland 2 has shipped out! As of today (February 9th, 2015), all United States backers now have either received their Doomsday Kits, or they're on the way (due to variable shipping times, there's a chance you may have already got yours).

As we are shipping these domestically within the United States out from our California office, shipping times should be relatively quick, in the 1-2 week range, though we do not have shipping tracking available. We hope you receive yours soon!

Best,
inXile entertainment
Still can't believe you guys didn't put tracking numbers on these... :roll: We'll see how long it takes to get across the good ol' US of A since I'm on the opposite side from the left coast.

edit: Just noticed my join date and realized it's been almost three years since this all started!!! :o

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » February 19th, 2015, 4:10 am

My extensive blog post on the insides of Wasteland 2 CE. Teaser:

PS. also I realised I never received any posters. Is that okay?
PPS. it's in Russian but pictures need no translation :).

diabolicallyrandom
Initiate

Post by diabolicallyrandom » February 19th, 2015, 11:35 am

Still waiting on mine going on 3 months now. Sigh.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » February 19th, 2015, 12:34 pm

Vault_13: [RE: Your unboxing blog] The signatures you have are: Chris Avellone, Chris Keenan, Brian Fargo, & Nathan Long. The guys had a lot of fun signing boxes; people signed their names in crazy ways and Avellone drew pictures on some. In your case, Brian wrote his B sideways. Also your poster is still coming (don't worry).
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » February 19th, 2015, 12:40 pm

diabolicallyrandom wrote:Still waiting on mine going on 3 months now. Sigh.
Did you get a shipping confirmation email? A lot of people still haven't confirmed their addresses (or even given an address!) or paid international shipping fees. You might want to double check the Ranger Center, if you're in doubt.
This account is dormant. I won't be responding to threads, quotes or private massages.

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » February 20th, 2015, 1:08 am

tonurics wrote:Vault_13: [RE: Your unboxing blog] The signatures you have are: Chris Avellone, Chris Keenan, Brian Fargo, & Nathan Long. The guys had a lot of fun signing boxes; people signed their names in crazy ways and Avellone drew pictures on some. In your case, Brian wrote his B sideways. Also your poster is still coming (don't worry).
Thanks for clarifying all this ;) !

diabolicallyrandom
Initiate

Post by diabolicallyrandom » February 20th, 2015, 8:51 am

tonurics wrote:
diabolicallyrandom wrote:Still waiting on mine going on 3 months now. Sigh.
Did you get a shipping confirmation email? A lot of people still haven't confirmed their addresses (or even given an address!) or paid international shipping fees. You might want to double check the Ranger Center, if you're in doubt.
I received initial confirmation on Dec 3rd. I also received reship confirmation almost a month ago now.

Extwin
Initiate

Post by Extwin » February 20th, 2015, 11:02 am

I just thought about my CE ... because on the Ranger Station page it has my complete correct address and has a large red box stating they CONFIRMED the address in August 2014. I missed the address confirmation email until just right now, does this mean they didn't ship out my CE because I didn't confirm something I confirmed multiple times already, after waiting for years for something that was promised and effed up horribly? Honestly, I kinda don't even care if I don't get it...

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 20th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Extwin wrote:I just thought about my CE ... because on the Ranger Station page it has my complete correct address and has a large red box stating they CONFIRMED the address in August 2014. I missed the address confirmation email until just right now, does this mean they didn't ship out my CE because I didn't confirm something I confirmed multiple times already, after waiting for years for something that was promised and effed up horribly
We don't ship to addresses that are not confirmed. While it might seem weird, remember that some people gave us their addresses years ago, and many are no longer correct. If we shipped to everyone without confirmation we'd get a far higher number of bounces.

We make every effort to contact people directly about any such issues preventing our shipping to them by emailing their listed Ranger Center address.
diabolicallyrandom wrote:I received initial confirmation on Dec 3rd. I also received reship confirmation almost a month ago now.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, delivery via post is not something that is always 100% reliable depending on where you live. :( We can do our best to make sure that your package is labeled correctly. Once it's in the hands of the postal service, there' s not a ton we can do except ship another, and suggest adding more details that might help the postal service deliver it.

In the interest of transparency: we don't have a fully integrated shipping system that flows directly between Deep Silver and our own Ranger Center database. Furthermore, once we've shipped to you, any reships need to be processed manually. The usual flow for shipments and returns/reships goes something like this:
  • Shipment is sent out, 2-4 weeks pass for delivery.
  • Shipment is delivered! (if not, continue)
  • Shipment is returned to us, lost, or held onto for another few weeks by the post office; 2-4 or more weeks pass
  • User contacts us when they realize their shipment hasn't shown up yet, or we contact them if it's returned to us
  • We investigate what happened to the best of our ability and add the user to a reship list, taking down any sort of address changes and notes that might make it easier for them to be shipped to
  • We send Deep Silver the most recent reship list every 1-2 weeks for processing; Deep Silver usually sends us confirmation of the shipment within 1 week
  • We contact you and let you know your copy gets shipped again (and we can go back to the top of this list)
In other words, while the overwhelming majority of shipments go just fine, if something goes wrong, it takes time to get things sorted. ;)

Ronin73
Master

Post by Ronin73 » February 21st, 2015, 1:55 pm

tonurics wrote:Vault_13: [RE: Your unboxing blog] The signatures you have are: Chris Avellone, Chris Keenan, Brian Fargo, & Nathan Long.
I'm not gonna kick up a stink about it, but I'm curious as to why Mike Stackpole and Alan Pavlish did not sign the collectors editions as stated on the Kickstarter page?
The biggest failure in the recent past is this assumption that the audience is not smart.Too much effort is being spent making it dummy proof..all the clues are being held right in front of their nose.The exploration and journey is the reward

Brian Fargo

Mibuokami
Initiate

Post by Mibuokami » February 26th, 2015, 4:37 am

Quick question, should I be expecting any shipping confirmation email before I get my stuff?

I bought Wasteland 2 - Signed Collector's Edition via the Torment Kickstarter and don't have access to Ranger Center. I've completed the address detail in my Torment account and have been waiting for any news ever since. (Have received nothing including any response from an support request I lodged earlier in the year, I've lodged a second one today and hope I can at least get some sort of response)

Do I have to wait for the W2 kickstarters to get there stuff shipped out first before mine is shipped?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » February 26th, 2015, 6:54 am

Mibuokami wrote:Quick question, should I be expecting any shipping confirmation email before I get my stuff?

I bought Wasteland 2 - Signed Collector's Edition via the Torment Kickstarter and don't have access to Ranger Center. I've completed the address detail in my Torment account and have been waiting for any news ever since. (Have received nothing including any response from an support request I lodged earlier in the year, I've lodged a second one today and hope I can at least get some sort of response)

Do I have to wait for the W2 kickstarters to get there stuff shipped out first before mine is shipped?

Help would be greatly appreciated.
We should have sent shipping confirmations for Torment backers, but feel free to send an email to support@inxile.net so I can investigate your account. To my knowledge, Torment backers shipped roughly around the same time as Wasteland 2 backers.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » February 26th, 2015, 10:51 am

Mibuokami: I'm aware of at least one Torment backer's Wasteland 2 package returning to the office sometime last week. But yes, at this point you should contact support; if that was your package: they'll want to talk with you anyways. ;)

Mibuokami
Initiate

Post by Mibuokami » February 27th, 2015, 1:30 am

Thank you very much guys.

I've been told by support that my game shipped mid January via normal mail and should be arriving within the next 2 weeks.

If this fail I am suppose to contact support again for further help. Thanks again for the prompt response guys. :)

Vault_13
Scholar

Post by Vault_13 » March 3rd, 2015, 1:18 am

Just got an email confirmation that my poster is on its way. Good news!

unguided
Initiate

Post by unguided » March 4th, 2015, 7:05 am

I received my CE in the UK fine but recently and unexpectedly changed my shipping address for the poster and survival kit.

Updated the address in the Ranger Centre and emailed Deep Silver UK and Austria but haven't heard anything back. Read this thread and what I gather is that if the poster/kit don't reach me I can have it re-shipped out to the right address?

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 4th, 2015, 7:57 am

unguided wrote:I received my CE in the UK fine but recently and unexpectedly changed my shipping address for the poster and survival kit.

Updated the address in the Ranger Centre and emailed Deep Silver UK and Austria but haven't heard anything back. Read this thread and what I gather is that if the poster/kit don't reach me I can have it re-shipped out to the right address?
It's best you get in touch with us at the Ranger Center or by emailing support@inxile.net.

PancreaticDefect
Initiate

Post by PancreaticDefect » March 9th, 2015, 11:02 am

Finally received my CE poster and it's very nice. Unfortunately they didn't bother to tape the caps on the poster tube in place and one of them was lost in transit, causing the edge of the poster to get crushed and slightly mangled during shipping.

tonurics
Explorer

Post by tonurics » March 9th, 2015, 12:04 pm

PancreaticDefect wrote:Finally received my CE poster and it's very nice. Unfortunately they didn't bother to tape the caps on the poster tube in place and one of them was lost in transit, causing the edge of the poster to get crushed and slightly mangled during shipping.
Mine showed up with one side of the tube completely crushed! :shock: But I was able to gently iron it out. Checkout Step 3 on this eHow post, just don't go overboard with the water, press lightly and slowly raise the temperature.

Mine came out perfect. 8-) Yours is in much better shape and should be pretty easy to fix. But if its not working, just write into support.

PancreaticDefect
Initiate

Post by PancreaticDefect » March 9th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Thanks. I'll try that. Wont fix the small tears in it though.

Also, this is an odd size. 23.5" x 33". Now I have to pay an arm and a leg to order a custom frame.