Extwin wrote:I just thought about my CE ... because on the Ranger Station page it has my complete correct address and has a large red box stating they CONFIRMED the address in August 2014. I missed the address confirmation email until just right now, does this mean they didn't ship out my CE because I didn't confirm something I confirmed multiple times already, after waiting for years for something that was promised and effed up horribly
We don't ship to addresses that are not confirmed. While it might seem weird, remember that some people gave us their addresses years ago, and many are no longer correct. If we shipped to everyone without confirmation we'd get a far higher number of bounces.
We make every effort to contact people directly about any such issues preventing our shipping to them by emailing their listed Ranger Center address.
diabolicallyrandom wrote:I received initial confirmation on Dec 3rd. I also received reship confirmation almost a month ago now.
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, delivery via post is not something that is always 100% reliable depending on where you live.
We can do our best to make sure that your package is labeled correctly. Once it's in the hands of the postal service, there' s not a ton we can do except ship another, and suggest adding more details that might help the postal service deliver it.
In the interest of transparency: we don't have a fully integrated shipping system that flows directly between Deep Silver and our own Ranger Center database. Furthermore, once we've shipped to you, any reships need to be processed manually. The usual flow for shipments and returns/reships goes something like this:
- Shipment is sent out, 2-4 weeks pass for delivery.
- Shipment is delivered! (if not, continue)
- Shipment is returned to us, lost, or held onto for another few weeks by the post office; 2-4 or more weeks pass
- User contacts us when they realize their shipment hasn't shown up yet, or we contact them if it's returned to us
- We investigate what happened to the best of our ability and add the user to a reship list, taking down any sort of address changes and notes that might make it easier for them to be shipped to
- We send Deep Silver the most recent reship list every 1-2 weeks for processing; Deep Silver usually sends us confirmation of the shipment within 1 week
- We contact you and let you know your copy gets shipped again (and we can go back to the top of this list)
In other words, while the overwhelming majority of shipments go just fine, if something goes wrong, it takes time to get things sorted.