How to edit Character Age please? DC Version

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

RangerTeamEcho
Novice

How to edit Character Age please? DC Version

Post by RangerTeamEcho » September 2nd, 2019, 12:13 pm

Hi, i am using WL2DCRangerEditor-97264-3.jar

This editor does not allow me to change my char's Age in the save file. U can change name, ethnicity, smokes, portait, even re-write ur bio, but i guess its creator must have left Age out. The site where i downloaded the editor had not been updated for a while, and so i am not likely to get a response from whomever made the editor.

Is there a way to manually do this or do you know of an editor that can?

Thanks.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Re: How to edit Character Age please? DC Version

Post by BlakeStone » September 3rd, 2019, 11:25 am

Maybe ask for a feature update in the WL2: Community Content forum. The Ranger Editor is stickied at the top.
Last edited by BlakeStone on September 3rd, 2019, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

RangerTeamEcho
Novice

Post by RangerTeamEcho » September 3rd, 2019, 6:01 pm

Thanks for the advice. By the way, do characters age over time in WL2 ie. is player age a dynamic field or is it just cosmetic like bio.

EDIT. Oh! i'm sorry i did not realize you made the editor i am using? i use it a lot to test stuff, great work it works very well.
is there a difference between 97264-2.jar and 97264-3.jar? i downloaded two different copies from different sites.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » September 3rd, 2019, 6:43 pm

Yes, -3 fixed an error where the Speak & Spell item was confused with XML encoding and caused a crash due to the &.
There is a changelog that mentions this on the official download page.
Last edited by BlakeStone on September 3rd, 2019, 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A bunch of raw recruits and you untied the goddamn Gordian knot. -General Vargas

RangerTeamEcho
Novice

Post by RangerTeamEcho » September 3rd, 2019, 6:48 pm

first thing i did was change my underwear to the coolest leg wear in the game : Fluoro Boxers - Male_Underwear_Legs_H
but only thanks to your editor.

Stuurminator
Scholar

Post by Stuurminator » September 15th, 2019, 2:49 pm

If all else fails, your save files are stored as XML documents in your Documents/my games/Wasteland2DC/Save Games folder. Open one up in a text editor (such as Notepad) and search for the name of the character whose age you want to change. Then find the <age> tag and change the value to whatever you want.

To the best of my knowledge, rangers do not age over time because the game has no time system.

BlakeStone
Explorer

Post by BlakeStone » September 16th, 2019, 7:45 am

I added the age edit feature in the latest version.