Worth Replaying DC?

For all Wasteland 2 discussion that does not fit elsewhere, suggestions, feedback, etc. No spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

baldrat61
Initiate

Worth Replaying DC?

Post by baldrat61 » February 29th, 2016, 7:11 am

I Played this on launch on PC,Really enjoyed it.

Im considering if its worth picking up again. It would be on PS4 as i no longer have my old pc.

Firstly are the improvements noticeable are there any new quests or quest options?

I've just finished XCOM2 how does the combat hold up in this in comparison with the improvements?

Ive read that replayability isn't that great,the only thing i can think of that comes to mind is doing highpool rather than AG center so im wondering are there any other massive game changer quests ive forgotten about.

I should add its this or play witcher 3

Thanks

kilobug
Adventurer

Re: Worth Replaying DC?

Post by kilobug » February 29th, 2016, 7:16 am

baldrat61 wrote:Firstly are the improvements noticeable are there any new quests or quest options?
The improvements in graphics, character development and combat are definitely noticeable, but there are no new quests/quest options, just minor bug fixes on that side.
baldrat61 wrote:I've just finished XCOM2 how does the combat hold up in this in comparison with the improvements?
Didn't play XCOM2 so can't say for that, but the "aimed shot" and the perks/quirks do give more variety and opportunity in combat than the initial version did.
baldrat61 wrote:Ive read that replayability isn't that great,the only thing i can think of that comes to mind is doing highpool rather than AG center so im wondering are there any other massive game changer quests ive forgotten about.
WL2 is the only recent RPG that I finished 3 times (actually, the only one all combined with Baldur's Gate and PST), so I definitely find it to have relatively high replayability. But I admit that's very subjective. AG/highpool alone makes it worth playing it twice, but there also several other quests that you can finish in different ways (Hollywood, Titan, ...).

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » February 29th, 2016, 12:06 pm

The DC is superior across the board over the vanilla version.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

I neither work, nor speak, for inXile.

Not too late; make it eight!

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » November 4th, 2016, 7:51 pm

Drool wrote:The DC is superior across the board over the vanilla version.
Err, not superior in terms of some of the interface changes. The barter interface. Splitting skills between 3 screens results in unnecessary search to find which of the 3 tabs has the skill you want to add. It was a good dose of consolitis injected into what had previously been a well-optimized PC interface. Also, some of the VO work doesn't measure up, can't be heard well, and adds something of an amateur hour presentation to parts of the game. Angela Deth being voiced by 2 voice actors, for example, one excellent, the other mediocre, and the voices clearly different, doesn't qualify as an improvement in my book.

That said, those points I aside I generally agree that DC is an improvement in nearly all respects. I'm also enjoying the much needed difficulty bump, particularly in the later part of the game. I was playing Supreme Jerk without breaking a sweat before. I'm currently doing a run through on Ranger difficulty, and have to legitimately worry about my characters' mortality.

Looking forward to a Supreme Jerk DC runthrough at some point in the future.

Pimpollo818
Novice

Post by Pimpollo818 » December 2nd, 2016, 12:46 am

I would say no. It''s the same experience, save for some well done VO, particularly for the compas.

Inventory, weapon modding, trading, camera are still shitty.

NickAragua
Novice

Post by NickAragua » December 22nd, 2016, 11:13 am

The main improvement in DC is the tons upon tons of bug fixes. My first playthrough, I had to skip large subsections of California because of bugs and couldn't get a particular ending off the final battle because of a bug.

There's also the minor addition of 'quirks' and 'perks' which aren't substantively game-changing but a nice little feature.

As for X-Com 2, this isn't a dedicated combat game, so it doesn't quite hold up in terms of challenge and variety. It makes up for it in the roleplaying aspect though.

There are a few other major quests that have pretty varied endings, and a lot of it feeds back into the end-game, so there's plenty of replay value (for at least one more replay).

I, uh, don't know that I would pay full price for it again, though. Maybe wait for a sale or something.