Did they intentionally spoil grid mode?

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Did they intentionally spoil grid mode?

Post by Gizmo » December 18th, 2018, 10:56 pm

So I downloaded it, and installed BT4 tonight. The first thing I did was (of course) enable grid mode. Please, somebody confirm that the animated grid markers are optionally visible, and can be turned off—as they should be by default. I am shocked (and a little insulted) that they exist at all.

No one should be expected to play the game with that useless and distracting clutter on the screen. It really comes across as a backhanded concession; hopefully it wasn't meant as one.

I could not find a way to shut these (beyond irritating) animations off, not without disabling grid mode.... which certainly defeats the point. :?

This is nuts. Whose idea was it to put this in the game? I won't be able to play with this switched on, and don't want to play
with it switched off. :( Six minutes of this, and I went back to playing Full Throttle instead.

Pacatus
Developer

Re: Did they intentionally spoil grid mode?

Post by Pacatus » December 20th, 2018, 6:52 am

There is a toggle to see just one ahead of you or turn it off.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Did they intentionally spoil grid mode?

Post by Gizmo » December 23rd, 2018, 11:24 am

Perfect! ;)

Thank you very much for the response. It just didn't occur to me to look for it outside of the display options. This is much much better, thanks again.