Some bugs: Constitution increasing, abilities avail that shouldn't be

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Gnare
Initiate

Some bugs: Constitution increasing, abilities avail that shouldn't be

Post by Gnare » December 9th, 2018, 11:49 am

Hello!

I've been playing BT4 for a bit now, and recently I've been running into a consistent couple of bugs...

I'll preface this all by saying I do have some random crashes from time to time -- seems to happen after the game has been running for several hours

For reference, my current party makeup is:
  • Bard/Preacher (My own roll)
  • Fighter/Paladin (Dalgliesh)
  • Fighter (Liosaith)
  • Rogue (Sybale)
  • Bard (Fiona)
  • Practitioner (Green Lady)
Dalgliesh is definitely bugged in two ways:
  1. His Max Constitution will increase and stay increased during/after fights. This seems to only reset when a skill point is used, or on reload. This seems related to a Bard casting Sanctuary Stone on him - perhaps in cases where it is not broken by the end of the turn -- is this supposed to persist?
  2. He has access to ALL the sword abilities, even though his talents are not chosen as such.
I've noticed the Constitution issue on other characters, too -- where their hit points are notably higher than what I recall, and I hadn't given them new equipment or anything like that.

I have not tried to reset his skills yet -- mainly because this is almost a bit overpowered ;)

Lioslaith (or perhaps the weapon, Strifespear) is bugged in this way:

(Info:)
  1. She has Strifespear equipped, and has the Vanguard skill to allow 2h-in-main-hand, and I have a bow in her offhand.
This seems to have broken the two special abilities that Strifespear grants the wielder. Her abilities bar has only 3 slots (was 2 before), and the first (far left) slot is "Strife" (from Strifespear). I can REPLACE this with one of her normal abilities, but that resets whenever the party changes zones (loading screen)

Let me know if there are any troubleshooting steps I can take, or if any of this info is "known"...

Thanks.

===================================
Here are some relevant screenshots:
Dalgliesh "Normal" (94 con):

Dalgliesh "Buffed" (112 con) - one fight later (Bard had applied a Sanctuary Stone to him that was not consumed)
*** NOTE: Another bug, obviously, is the shield is not showing around his Armor Class:

Dalgliesh Mastery Book showing lots of abilities he shouldn't have:

Dalgliesh's Skill tree showing no skill points spent in abilities he has:

======

Lioslaith's skills showing Vanguard:

Lioslaith with Strifespear equipped in main hand, and Bow in offhand:

Lioslaith's Mastery Book showing 3 adjustable skills, Strife (from Strifespear) in slot 1:

Lioslaith's Mastery Book showing slow 1 replaced w/ another skill (this goes away on any loading screen / zone change, or on reload):

Gnare
Initiate

Re: Some bugs: Constitution increasing, abilities avail that shouldn't be

Post by Gnare » December 9th, 2018, 11:56 am

Oops, one update -- if I zone/load somewhere, the increased Constitution goes back to normal.

Gnare
Initiate

Post by Gnare » December 9th, 2018, 12:18 pm

After paying closer attention, this constitution bug happens for any character, it seems.

Gnare
Initiate

Post by Gnare » December 9th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Heh... and then several fights later, his Con is super-high... (he leveled, but clearly didn't add 50 Con to his stats ;) )

Gnare
Initiate

Post by Gnare » December 9th, 2018, 12:43 pm

And, to be clear, just after zoning, it all resets (back to 94):

Staehrminator
Acolyte

Post by Staehrminator » December 16th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Can confirm the constitution increasing bug. If you end combat with Sanctuary Score still active, that character will keep the increased hitpoints until reload or levelup.

Currently I'm having fun with using a Greater Draught of Power on my Bard, then having him get shitfaced and finally using Sanctuary Score. Paladins, say hello to my level 5 Wringneck with 500 constitution.