Algin's tower puzzle bugged

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Maegwin
Initiate

Algin's tower puzzle bugged

Post by Maegwin » October 12th, 2018, 1:38 am

Morning:

Once again I've started from scratch the whole game. I was able to hit Alguin's tower however, in fire room, once again the puzzle is bugged (a mechanism is missing) and I can't complete it. I'm stuck and can't move forward. I'm playing in Spanish language I read something realted with language, if Spanish language is supported, why this is the second time this bug shows up? I'm really dissapointed with inxile after backing Wasteland 2, Wasteland 3 and Bards Tale IV.... face this issues that haven't been fixed so far.

I would prefer not be able to choose spanish language and play it in english.

phimseto
Developer

Re: Algin's tower puzzle bugged

Post by phimseto » October 12th, 2018, 1:21 pm

Before I ping the devs, let me ask the obvious question: is your game up to date with yesterday's patch?

Maegwin
Initiate

Post by Maegwin » October 13th, 2018, 4:07 am

yes it is.

Maegwin
Initiate

Post by Maegwin » October 13th, 2018, 4:08 am

Patch 3-4.18-3-103895 GoG platform for more info. Switching language to english and reloading old savegame it worked, however the bug still persists in spanish language.

mfr
Initiate

Post by mfr » October 19th, 2018, 4:23 am

One way to trigger this bug fairly reliably is to fail to tackle the puzzle immediately, for example by quitting after completing the fire part. On reloading the bar at the top disappears so the puzzle cannot be solved. The solution is to go to the puzzle directly and check that the top bar is present then solve the puzzle immediately.