8 Waves of Skeletons

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Riboflavin
Initiate

8 Waves of Skeletons

Post by Riboflavin » October 8th, 2018, 5:56 am

I've fought the 8 waves of skeletons twice now with the same result.

Somewhere in the fight it becomes the enemy turn and they never do anything.

Clicking on my characters results in a message about how I can't act on the enemy turn.

Because this fight is very long having it do this twice is very very annoying.

Tactically I am using alot of fairy bombs and razor strap. Not sure if its from one of these. My memory may be incorrect but I think it has to do with when I kill all the skeletons in a wave after I click end turn either with a fairy bomb or dot effect. Two new skeletons enter the fray but never do anything. This is pure speculation.

Anyay, I don't have the will to try it again right now.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: 8 Waves of Skeletons

Post by Gizmo » October 8th, 2018, 11:52 am

They should have a sanity check, and auto-pass/surrender if the enemy turn takes more than a couple minutes.

Riboflavin
Initiate

Post by Riboflavin » October 8th, 2018, 12:17 pm

Yeah, I hope they get it fixed as I'm enjoying the game but I've rage quit over bugs a couple times. It seems like they could do exactly what you said. Run a little counter on enemy turn that increments and resets on an enemy action. If the LASTACTION counter gets too high switch to my turn. In effect they lose a turn but it won't lock the fight. The trick would be figuring out how long it should be.

Or of course they could try to track down which item/skill interaction/hokey pokey series of events is causing it. Which might take longer.

I'll hope for a fix next patch and may try it a third time tonight.

Riboflavin
Initiate

Post by Riboflavin » October 9th, 2018, 5:59 am

Tried it again last night. It happened again around wave 5. Very annoying. I am now ignoring the fight and going elsewhere.

Riboflavin
Initiate

Post by Riboflavin » October 16th, 2018, 8:33 am

I went back after the last patch and finished this with no issue. It may have been the Faerie dust bomb fix or I may have gotten lucky.
Either way thanks for the hard work on the patch.