Is it a bug that most of the chests from isle forward have only coins ?

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

jojobrain
Initiate

Is it a bug that most of the chests from isle forward have only coins ?

Post by jojobrain » October 6th, 2018, 3:40 am

Since I reach the isle about 90% of the chest (more than 10 so far) have nothing but coins - or occassionally some small crafting ingrediant with coins. Some of these chests were well placed (hidden) so somehow ti seems like a bug that they would only have coins.... but maybe at this point of hte game only coins are deemed important? The usual amount is 80 though i've seen one or two with a second pile of 60 and occasionally a crafting ingrediant such as metal or bones.

Jalis
Acolyte

Re: Is it a bug that most of the chests from isle forward have only coins ?

Post by Jalis » October 6th, 2018, 8:12 am

Yeah, I've wondered about this, too, are the contents randomized? I figure out some puzzle that leads to a chest, or find some hidden area, open the chest... 90 gold when I have over 14,000 already and no one has anything I want to buy. I sincerely hope this stuff wasn't manually placed like that.

Depili
Scholar

Post by Depili » October 6th, 2018, 12:29 pm

The loot is levelled and when you get to high enough level there doesn't seem to be any items left in the pool. Same happens with the fight rewards.

jojobrain
Initiate

Post by jojobrain » October 6th, 2018, 1:10 pm

Sounds like the game is letting you level too high and wasn't design properly to handle that - that might explain why it starts putting very weak opponents near the end ?