[BUG]: Opportunity Points Set Incorrectly When Gaining 6th Party Member

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Jalis
Acolyte

[BUG]: Opportunity Points Set Incorrectly When Gaining 6th Party Member

Post by Jalis » September 30th, 2018, 5:16 pm

Before picking up Lioslaith in Inshriarch, I had 6 opportunity points available to me. Four from the normal 5 party members, one from the bard skill that grants an opportunity point, and another from the fighter skill that does the same. After having this person put into my party, giving me my 6th party member, I now only have 5 opportunity points per turn. Seems I should have 7.

Depili
Scholar

Re: [BUG]: Opportunity Points Set Incorrectly When Gaining 6th Party Member

Post by Depili » October 1st, 2018, 2:55 am

Party members don't give opportunity, you just get some points as rewards from the main quest.

Jalis
Acolyte

Post by Jalis » October 1st, 2018, 1:42 pm

Not what I am talking about. You get another opportunity point from 3 to 4 at some point early on in the story after you take on one of, or all of, the companions; can't remember. Then, much later as I skilled up a fighter to a Commander, its passive perk is that the party gains +1 opportunity. Similar, when I skilled up my bard to a Grand Rabble-Rouser, its passive perk is that the party gains +1 opportunity.

Before this bug hit, and I had only 5 party members, I had 6 opportunity points. Lioslaith was added, and now I only have 5, no matter what I do. I have switched in and out the party members with passives that should give me another 2 opportunity points due to their skills/passives. It's a bug.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » October 2nd, 2018, 1:23 am

Same here. I have 6 party members, icluding a commander and a grand rabble-rouser and I still only get 5 opportunity points.

Jalis
Acolyte

Post by Jalis » October 2nd, 2018, 7:17 am

Before the 6th party member and this bug hit, I had 6 opportunity points thanks to the commander and grand rabble-rouser. I saw it and appreciated it. Annoying to get set back to 5.

Zortok
Novice

Post by Zortok » October 19th, 2018, 3:50 am

As of Patch 3 hotfixed, the game appears to be coded with an opportunity counter that it is incremented and decremented with transactions (adding / removing characters / skills) but the accounting is bugged. Anyway this is what I did to cover the missing skill point so you might want to try this as a workaround:
  1. rock up to the Adventurers Guild and speak to Mercy, select Manage My Party
  2. remove both your commander and grand rabble-rouser characters, confirm the party and end the conversation
  3. repeat 1 but this time add your grand rabble-rouser character, confirm the party and end the conversation
  4. repeat 1 but this time add your commander character, confirm the party and end the conversation
After doing the above then next combat I had the expected number of Opportunity Points 8-)