[BUG]: Logician's Quest

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Jalis
Acolyte

[BUG]: Logician's Quest

Post by Jalis » September 29th, 2018, 9:59 pm

For the Logician's Quest in the Inshriarch Forest, you're supposed to collect, presumably, 4 books detailing a logic puzzle in order to complete the first step of the quest and move to the next part of solving it.

I have collected 2 books, and while managing inventory, if you move the related books to the quest around in your quest inventory, the game treats each drop/placement of one of the books as having collected another book. So, when I moved my 2 books around, I was notified that I "completed" the first step of collecting the books I needed to solve the puzzle, despite only having 2 of the presumed 4 books.

Perhaps there aren't 4 books and part of this quest is a deductive reasoning "with these 2 I can figure out the order of items to place", but even if so, then the bug is that this didn't trigger until moving around the books in inventory. (I haven't gone back to actually solve the puzzle/quest yet.)

Depili
Scholar

Re: [BUG]: Logician's Quest

Post by Depili » September 30th, 2018, 4:19 am

There are 4 books and you need all of them for the logic and for the sacrifices. But another bug that makes the puzzle easier is that you can't insert a book into a wrong shrine.