[BUG?] Block puzzle in Mangars Tower

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Molt
Initiate

[BUG?] Block puzzle in Mangars Tower

Post by Molt » September 29th, 2018, 12:22 pm

In Mangars Tower: The room with blocks both on the floor and in the ceiling.

Two pressure plates on the "floor" with runes and four in the "ceiling", two with runes and two without.
The four different runes on the blocks corresponds to the runes on the pressure plates.
There is a stair that leads to the "ceiling".
You can push the blocks into the upwards flowing fountain of light and they will go to the other level.
There is a stair next to the waypoint in the "ceiling" that leads further up the tower, but a grate blocks the end of it.

The unmarked pressure plates opens one grate on the "floor" each which allows access to a chest.
My thought was to position the blocks on the pressure plates with matching runes.

Did NOT open the grate at the end of the stair.
After having experimented with the order of placement, I gave up and searched YouTube. A video showed a guy pushing blocks onto matching pressure plates. No mention of any particular order. Then he ran up the stair and through the now open grate.

Molt
Initiate

Re: [BUG?] Block puzzle in Mangars Tower

Post by Molt » October 2nd, 2018, 12:26 pm

Uppdate: I've backtracked to a previous save from before I encountered the block puzzle, and this time it worked as it was supposed to.

Still think it was weird, though.

Ragnar Iceblood
Initiate

Post by Ragnar Iceblood » October 2nd, 2018, 3:10 pm

Gate locks if you open it, go up, use the teleport. That confused the hell out of me. Sure thats not what happened to you?

Molt
Initiate

Post by Molt » October 3rd, 2018, 12:08 pm

Could very well be it.

Cheers!