[Repeatable Crash]: Baedish Lowlands Combat Encounter

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Jalis
Acolyte

[Repeatable Crash]: Baedish Lowlands Combat Encounter

Post by Jalis » September 23rd, 2018, 5:07 pm

Broke my string of good luck, I suppose. During an orange level challenge encounter out in Baed Lowlands, during the enemy's turn, the game locked up and crashed... and I was well on my way to winning that difficult fight, too! :/
Last edited by Jalis on September 25th, 2018, 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jalis
Acolyte

Re: 35 Hours In, First Crash

Post by Jalis » September 25th, 2018, 3:56 pm

This crash has now occurred twice for me, devs. Both times, it was the enemy's turn. Just now it crashed after I had gotten the fight down to the last captain, and he cast Shield Wall. Hard lock.

This is the southern / central Baedish Lowlands fight with a few paladins, and 1 of them is a captain with a ton of shield / health. I'm going to attempt it yet again to see if the crash happens again, but I was able to fight all other encounters on the map with no problem.

Jalis
Acolyte

Re: 35 Hours In, First Crash

Post by Jalis » September 25th, 2018, 4:04 pm

Yeah, crashed again. This time in the middle of the battle, again on the enemy's turn, after the captain cast shield wall, and then one of the other paladins moved into his spot.

Jalis
Acolyte

Re: [Repeatable Crash]: Baedish Lowlands Combat Encounter

Post by Jalis » September 25th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Here's the fight in question: https://pasteboard.co/HFAvoi1.png

agris
Novice

Post by agris » September 26th, 2018, 8:58 am

Jalis wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 4:08 pm
Here's the fight in question: https://pasteboard.co/HFAvoi1.png
Zip and upload your save from just before the fight. You don't need to use a totem, you can just select exit to desktop and a save will be generated. Zip up your entire save folder and post it.

Jalis
Acolyte

Post by Jalis » September 29th, 2018, 10:00 pm

After patch 2, I was able to complete this battle without issue, although I had also gained enough experience, gear and skills where I essentially one shot the group in a round or two.