Bone in the Fog priestess still not appearing

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Ranlothir
Initiate

Bone in the Fog priestess still not appearing

Post by Ranlothir » September 22nd, 2018, 3:54 pm

Even after the patch, there is no one to speak with in the temple of the boar. I don't have a save game backup that will let me load a version of my game prior to the island village (after exploring the beach and speaking with the three sisters). I did complete their request for their coats and I have cleared the rookery as well (i needed something to do while they hotfixed the temple issue :oops: ).

Nyast
Initiate

Re: Bone in the Fog priestess still not appearing

Post by Nyast » September 23rd, 2018, 9:03 am

The patch isn't retroactive so you're out of luck. Maybe you can DM someone with a save and they can fix it for you ? Otherwise, you'll have to restart your game.

Ranlothir
Initiate

Post by Ranlothir » September 23rd, 2018, 10:04 am

Thanks! Do you know who I might DM to pursue getting my saved game corrected?

Nyast
Initiate

Post by Nyast » September 23rd, 2018, 12:01 pm

This is from the Steam thread so I assume you'd have to contact the dev on Steam, unless you can PM the same person on this forum. ?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/566090/d ... 899958357/

Fred II
Novice

Post by Fred II » September 24th, 2018, 2:30 pm

Nyast wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:03 am
The patch isn't retroactive so you're out of luck. Maybe you can DM someone with a save and they can fix it for you ? Otherwise, you'll have to restart your game.
So after each patch we should start a new game so as to get all the ingame bug fixes etc ?

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » September 25th, 2018, 4:48 am

Fred II wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 2:30 pm
Nyast wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:03 am
So after each patch we should start a new game so as to get all the ingame bug fixes etc ?
I guess people shouldn't play a beta version but wait for the release... oh wait...

Sorry, I know it sucks for you, but I just can't help but wonder what on earth where going through their heads when releasing a product with gamebreaking bugs like this. You have my sympathy, because without respecs, just getting someones else's save will kill any immersion for you of it being 'your' party or choices.

For the people that actually enjoy the game, the least they could do was to fix things proper in a release version so they didn't force people to restart because of a bug.

Ranlothir
Initiate

Post by Ranlothir » September 25th, 2018, 8:24 am

So... I contacted support last week and I still haven't heard a response... is it too late to get my money back from Kickstarter? :lol: :lol: :evil:

Ranlothir
Initiate

Post by Ranlothir » September 28th, 2018, 8:51 am

It has been a week now and nothing from their support department except the [Request received] email!!! WTF guys, do you even care that your core base has issues and they are not being addressed or even responded to?