[BUG] Mouse has jerky movement

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Corelias
Initiate

[BUG] Mouse has jerky movement

Post by Corelias » September 22nd, 2018, 1:37 am

I use Win64 1803 Pro german. Game launched from GOG Galaxy.
Mouse is Logitech G903 with LGS 9.02.61 driver.
Beginning with the start-up screens, mouse movement is extremley jerky. When I move the mouse, the cursor jumps after a delay to a new position. This behavior persists even in game, where the view jumps instead of moving smoothly.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Re: [BUG] Mouse has jerky movement

Post by DNACowboy » September 22nd, 2018, 6:26 am

What hardware do you have and what settings are you using?

update: viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19521

(patch fixes mouse issues among others)
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

Corelias
Initiate

Post by Corelias » September 23rd, 2018, 1:42 am

For GOG the patch is still not available.
Changing the in-game settings does not remove the issue (Ultra to low, resolution, V-synv, Fullcreen, deactivating post-processing etc.)
Every logitech gaming mouse I have, has this issue (G700s and G903), even if the LGS software is closed.
My logitech MX Master (for testing purpose connected via Bluetooth) does not have this issue. It is using different drivers.
Therefore it seems to be an issue between the Logitech driver for gaming mice and BT4.
In older games there was a possibility to solve jerky mouse movement by selecting "Hardware Corsor". Newer games do not have this setting any more :(

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » September 23rd, 2018, 3:39 am

Corelias wrote: ↑
September 23rd, 2018, 1:42 am
For GOG the patch is still not available.
Changing the in-game settings does not remove the issue (Ultra to low, resolution, V-synv, Fullcreen, deactivating post-processing etc.)
Every logitech gaming mouse I have, has this issue (G700s and G903), even if the LGS software is closed.
My logitech MX Master (for testing purpose connected via Bluetooth) does not have this issue. It is using different drivers.
Therefore it seems to be an issue between the Logitech driver for gaming mice and BT4.
In older games there was a possibility to solve jerky mouse movement by selecting "Hardware Corsor". Newer games do not have this setting any more :(
Have you tried updating your gfx drivers? Also, if that fails to resolve the issue, please uninstall the mouse driver, reboot then 'scan for hardware changes' and then let windows to install the driver.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

mfr
Initiate

Post by mfr » September 27th, 2018, 9:58 am

I have had a similar problem, but with a Coolermaster MM530 mouse, so it seems more likely that the problem lies in the BT IV programme, and is not confined to the inventory. Also the effect seems on occasion to carry on after quitting the game.

Corelias
Initiate

Post by Corelias » September 28th, 2018, 9:27 am

Patch 1 brought no change to the issue.
All drivers are are the newest available.
Deinstalling are Logitech drivers (and Software) lead to a functioning mouse, but all the goodies of having a (programmable) Gaming Mouse are lost.
The mouse problem reminds me of the "good old" times in the late 1980s to early 1990s, when also some programs had interoperability problems with Logitechs custom drivers.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 28th, 2018, 2:57 pm

Does adjusting the DPI help?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Corelias
Initiate

Post by Corelias » October 3rd, 2018, 2:20 am

Patch 2 solved the issue.