Crashing in battle against "townspeople" after Green Lady joins party

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

ocg80
Initiate

Crashing in battle against "townspeople" after Green Lady joins party

Post by ocg80 » September 19th, 2018, 3:07 pm

Not sure the best place to post this sort of thing... game has been running mostly ok for me. I had some issues with my inventory flickering and disappearing, which seems to have gone away after switching my video settings down to High. However, I've crashed twice in a row when trying to fight the townspeople just after the Green Lady joins my party. I couldn't get a screenshot of the error message. My specs are Intel i7-4770 3.40 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Radeon RX460 4GB. I can run a game like No Man's Sky just fine.

ocg80
Initiate

Re: Crashing in battle against "townspeople" after Green Lady joins party

Post by ocg80 » September 19th, 2018, 3:19 pm

OK I got the message now:
The UE4-BardsTale4 Game has crashed and will close
LowLevelFatalError
[File:F:\_hydra\workspace\BT-cook\bt\Engine\Source\Runtime\RenderCore\Private\RenderingThread.cpp] [Line: 1015]
GameThread timed out waiting for RenderThread after 30.00 secs

It happens just after a "suspicious citizen" casts a spell... animation slows down and freezes, then I get that message.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 19th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Hi ocg80, sorry to hear about the crash. We're currently collecting data and investigating reports of technical issues with the game.

It would be helpful to us if you could visit our support page (https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us) and send us the following information:

- DirectX diagnostic report (see here for instructions: https://inxile.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... 0009513513).

- Describe your issue in detail. What happens specifically when the problem occurs? Please provide us as much detail as you can.

We appreciate your patience, and we will try to follow up with you as soon as possible.

ocg80
Initiate

Post by ocg80 » September 19th, 2018, 7:07 pm

Thanks I'll try it again and post there!

sear
Developer

Post by sear » September 19th, 2018, 7:43 pm

Thanks much. We've got our QA and dev team helping to go through the issues so they should be able to give you some hands-on help.