Bug report (got caught on architecture)

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Nimdok
Initiate

Bug report (got caught on architecture)

Post by Nimdok » September 18th, 2018, 6:52 pm

So a few things first, I'm running the game on medium settings across the board and it's pretty well ugly but functional (Using old hardware, so no surprise there), so that may be how this happened, but I managed to get all the way to the Guild during the intro before, while poking around, I got stuck on the stone banister leading up to the two doors to the right of the Guild entrance. I don't know how I managed it but it was a one-way trip, since I couldn't get back down and was limited to walking back and forth up and down the stairs. Restarting isn't an issue, it's right at the beginning, but it's still a bug.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Re: Bug report (got caught on architecture)

Post by DNACowboy » September 18th, 2018, 11:50 pm

Confirmed. I had the same issue on Ultra settings.
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis

satoru
Novice

Post by satoru » September 19th, 2018, 11:36 am

If you post a screenshot of whre you got stuck in the geometry that would help the devs narrow down what part of the geometry is causing the problem

Nimdok
Initiate

Post by Nimdok » September 19th, 2018, 1:44 pm

I'll do you one better! VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/NcwxKo8Nqzo

As soon as it's done uploading you can see where I am and how I can't get anywhere. If it would help I could do another video of trying to replicate the issue.