Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Post Reply
ianfas
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 10:23 am

Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by ianfas » September 18th, 2018, 10:26 am

In Bard's Tale 4 version 4.18.3 my wide screen is not working. Meaning I can set my native resolution 3440x1440 but only the static image while loading the game is actually filling the screen. The game world is only filllng about 2/3 of my screen about 1920x1080 would do, and I have black bars on left and right.

EDIT: I was able to fix this temporarily if I change the resolution to 1920x1080 and back to 3440x1440 it works, at least until the next cut scene or if I restart the game it is broken again. I do this when I'm in the game world.
Last edited by ianfas on September 18th, 2018, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Besensacus
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 10:34 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by Besensacus » September 18th, 2018, 11:10 am

I've made a case with the support.
Not playing until this is fixed.

ianfas
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 10:23 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by ianfas » September 18th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Besensacus wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 11:10 am
I've made a case with the support.
Not playing until this is fixed.
Have you seen my edit: I was able to fix it temporarily:
I was able to fix this temporarily if I change the resolution to 1920x1080 and back to 3440x1440 it works, at least until the next cut scene or if I restart the game it is broken again. I do this when I'm in the game world.

But still very annoying!

satoru
Novice
Posts: 35
Joined: June 2nd, 2015, 4:02 pm

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by satoru » September 18th, 2018, 12:11 pm

ianfas wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 12:07 pm
Besensacus wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 11:10 am
I've made a case with the support.
Not playing until this is fixed.
Have you seen my edit: I was able to fix it temporarily:
I was able to fix this temporarily if I change the resolution to 1920x1080 and back to 3440x1440 it works, at least until the next cut scene or if I restart the game it is broken again. I do this when I'm in the game world.

But still very annoying!
You can try to edit the gameusersettings.ini file and make it read-only so the resolution doesnt re-trigger

trigital
Initiate
Posts: 1
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by trigital » September 18th, 2018, 3:27 pm

21:9 widescreen works with 2560x1440, but not with 3440x1440.
Please fix this

phimseto
Adventurer
Posts: 885
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 7:01 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by phimseto » September 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm

Quick head's up - we're aware of the bug and are working on it.

User avatar
Nystrom
Acolyte
Posts: 70
Joined: May 16th, 2018, 4:45 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by Nystrom » September 18th, 2018, 4:11 pm

phimseto wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 3:29 pm
Quick head's up - we're aware of the bug and are working on it.
Thank goodness. Just reading this now because I'm finally home and was super sad to see that - like in beta - only the 2560x1440 was 'working' for 3440x1440.

Besensacus
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: September 18th, 2018, 10:34 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by Besensacus » September 24th, 2018, 11:49 am

Full screen in 3440x1440 works now, cool.
Now for the fps drop fix and I will have nothing to complain about :D

User avatar
sear
Developer
Posts: 2681
Joined: March 21st, 2012, 8:30 am

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by sear » September 24th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Besensacus wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 11:49 am
Full screen in 3440x1440 works now, cool.
Now for the fps drop fix and I will have nothing to complain about :D
Great to hear!

The next patch should have some additional optimizations for performance. My understanding is that ultrawide support will also be further improved in future updates.

User avatar
agris
Novice
Posts: 30
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by agris » September 26th, 2018, 9:01 am

sear wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Besensacus wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 11:49 am
Full screen in 3440x1440 works now, cool.
Now for the fps drop fix and I will have nothing to complain about :D
Great to hear!

The next patch should have some additional optimizations for performance. My understanding is that ultrawide support will also be further improved in future updates.
Are you planning to properly support 16:10 monitors as well? On release, we just had black bars on the top and bottom of the screen to accommodate the extra vertical pixels, now with the patch it's even stranger. When opening screens like the skill tree, item inspection, etc, the screens fill a 16:9 space and the extra vertical space is filled with the gameworld. It looks especially strange when inspecting items, where most of the screen is that cloudy texture, and the top and bottom bars are showing the gameworld behind it.

User avatar
agris
Novice
Posts: 30
Joined: July 25th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Re: Bard's Tale 4 wide screen not working

Post by agris » September 28th, 2018, 8:37 am

agris wrote:
September 26th, 2018, 9:01 am
[...]When opening screens like the skill tree, item inspection, etc, the screens fill a 16:9 space and the extra vertical space is filled with the gameworld. It looks especially strange when inspecting items, where most of the screen is that cloudy texture, and the top and bottom bars are showing the gameworld behind it.
To illustrate my point, here's an image. This also occurs on the skill tree screen.

Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests