Dwarven Realm elevator reset?

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

demeisen
Explorer

Dwarven Realm elevator reset?

Post by demeisen » October 6th, 2019, 7:17 pm

I just found the Dwarven Realm. Somehow, I almost missed it when I went through this area before, and only through a stroke of fortune did I notice the path leading there. I like that there are rewards for poking around like this.

I stepped onto the huge elevator contraption, and went way up, and immediately back down again. When I stepped off, I somehow managed to send it back up without me, and now the platform is way up there and I'm way down here.

Before I load a prior save, does anyone know if there's either a way to recall it, or an alternate route to wherever it went? I'm happy to keep exploring and find that, so long as I haven't backed myself into an irrecoverable position.

(I must say, by the way, there is some very cool level design in this game. The exploration is pretty solid fun).

demeisen
Explorer

Re: Dwarven Realm elevator reset?

Post by demeisen » October 9th, 2019, 5:48 pm

To answer my own question, there's a lever to reset it. I just didn't notice it.