(BUG) Master Thief not working

If you need assistance with a technical is sue with The Bard's Tale IV, this forum is for you. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Locklyn
Initiate

(BUG) Master Thief not working

Post by Locklyn » September 27th, 2018, 5:55 am

Sirs,
Had the Master Thief shout "mine" yet nothing is stolen, neither gold nor items from the vendor and I lose the correct amount of gold from my party as per a usual purchase. When will this be fixed?=

Sincerely
/L

kanga
Initiate

Re: (BUG) Master Thief not working

Post by kanga » September 27th, 2018, 11:18 am

I have the same bug. Several times my rogue will make a comment about stealing the items, but the gold is still missing from my inventory. I even tried verifying the cache files in steam, just in case my game was corrupt. No luck. I know the ability works, because I have seen Cohh stream his successes with it. I was not going to pick up the skill, because I thought the chance would be too low to be useful, but it seems like it has a pretty decent chance.

Another bug I have run across, is my abilities changing when I equip an item that has an inherent ability. The quest item spear does this all the time. I equip the spear and it changes my abilities, which is as expected. Then I go into my abilities on that character and select the ones I want. As soon as I load into a new area, the abilities are changed back. I have had the same thing happen with other weapons too, but that one is most noticeable because it has two abilities.

Locklyn
Initiate

Post by Locklyn » October 12th, 2018, 5:48 am

Any updates on this issue?

Taipan
Initiate

Post by Taipan » October 12th, 2018, 6:58 am

I have had the same issue with the spear and the abilities.

As for Master Thief, it seems to be working in that my rogue sniggers when he steals something, but I never checked my gold balance to verify. Am drowning in gold and goods anyway, vendors are bankrupted to buy my loot...and at the higher levels there is no gear anymore to find, all you find is gold...

agris
Novice

Post by agris » October 16th, 2018, 7:23 am

Taipan wrote: ↑
October 12th, 2018, 6:58 am
I have had the same issue with the spear and the abilities.

As for Master Thief, it seems to be working in that my rogue sniggers when he steals something, but I never checked my gold balance to verify. Am drowning in gold and goods anyway, vendors are bankrupted to buy my loot...and at the higher levels there is no gear anymore to find, all you find is gold...
The party member's lines trigger, but the full gold amount is still deducted from the player. It's been this way from the beginning, and the bug is still present as of the most recent hotfix.

Locklyn
Initiate

Post by Locklyn » October 20th, 2018, 12:56 pm

I've reported this via the bug reporting system to the devs but not gotten any reply at all and its been weeks. I'm holding off on playing until its fixed.