Whyyyyyyyy? [End game spoiler]

For discussion of the story, setting and characters of The Bard's Tale IV. Spoilers allowed.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Marxorz
Novice

Whyyyyyyyy? [End game spoiler]

Post by Marxorz » October 2nd, 2018, 12:56 am

What kind of Sophie's Choice shenanigans is this!? You make ME choose an eternity of punishment for either my mentor through the whole game or the bard who has been in my party pretty much the whole time? I would rather have had an option to let the Famhair resurface and let my party (and the world) wipe.

Who hurt you, inXile?

Dork Mage
Scholar

Re: Whyyyyyyyy? [End game spoiler]

Post by Dork Mage » December 7th, 2018, 7:42 am

Marxorz wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 12:56 am
What kind of Sophie's Choice shenanigans is this!? You make ME choose an eternity of punishment for either my mentor through the whole game or the bard who has been in my party pretty much the whole time? I would rather have had an option to let the Famhair resurface and let my party (and the world) wipe.

Who hurt you, inXile?
This doesn't bother me... Rabbie already knew his future was forfeited.

What does bother me: the adventurers lowered the maiden's platform so Yardis could kill her.

Better approach: at the start of a pylon room, the pylon goes dark and the platform lowers. Yardis is just a little bit ahead of your group....

Bartmoss
Initiate

Post by Bartmoss » February 3rd, 2019, 2:59 pm

Dork Mage wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 7:42 am
What does bother me: the adventurers lowered the maiden's platform so Yardis could kill her.
Yadis and her henchmen were already on the platform before the adventurers lowered it. Guess it was nice of them to wait until we could kill them.

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » February 16th, 2019, 6:06 pm

Bartmoss wrote:
February 3rd, 2019, 2:59 pm
Dork Mage wrote:
December 7th, 2018, 7:42 am
Yadis and her henchmen were already on the platform before the adventurers lowered it. Guess it was nice of them to wait until we could kill them.

Never noticed the others on the platform... really just noticed that the platform was being lowered by the adventurers.

That they are already there still suggests that the platform has to be lowered for the ceremony to occur and it's the adventurers lowering the platform.