Mangar's Tower

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

rmcoen
Acolyte

Mangar's Tower

Post by rmcoen » October 11th, 2018, 9:07 am

When was a supposed to go into Mangar's Tower, behind Duke?

I just finished Iwon Rheg, heading to the Isles, and thought "why not?". some traps, some puzzles, several pathetic battles, one moderate battle, one crazy-long battle (but against foes too weak to Conjuror's Mark), and bada-boom bada-bing, Spectre Snare. (And an Elven Armor upgrade, surprisingly.) Spectre Snare is tied for "best weapon" with others in my party right now.

So when was this supposed to have been done? I mean, I came out of there with Rusty Bastard Swords and green-highlighted *standard* Leather Armor...

Applicator
Initiate

Re: Mangar's Tower

Post by Applicator » October 11th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Probably before you went to the forest. I did forest and got the fichti warrior for my 6th slot then back to Magnar's tower and it was very easy.

Zadkiel
Explorer

Post by Zadkiel » October 11th, 2018, 3:57 pm

I went in there when I first found it. Thought it was probably too difficult but thought I'd see how far I could get and maybe I could find a bit of loot or 2.

Ended up clearing the entire thing at that time, except for the skeleton fight which showed such a high rating I noped right out without even trying. Came back not too soon after (while I was in forest IIRC) and finished that fight off too.

agris
Novice

Post by agris » October 12th, 2018, 2:21 pm

I completed it on hard, including the skellytons, before setting foot in the baedish lowlands. It was a decent challenge, but no reloads needed. I imagine it was a cakewalk with six characters.