Any 'best class' to make a cleric?

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

bcasner
Initiate

Any 'best class' to make a cleric?

Post by bcasner » October 5th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I'm thinking practitioner due to spellpoints but my figher has so much strength. So I thought I'd ask the experts! What class would you recommend be turned into my cleric?

ZiN
Adventurer

Re: Any 'best class' to make a cleric?

Post by ZiN » October 5th, 2018, 2:55 pm

Doesn't matter, you don't need a cleric, fights are over in the second round.
But if it actually mattered, I'd say practitioner with a few other non-attack spells, such as levitate and vorpal plating. Then equip electrifying weapon for mass stun and sacred weapon for additional healing and opportunity restoration.

iamjustfine
Initiate

Post by iamjustfine » October 5th, 2018, 7:31 pm

fights are over in the second round... how long did you play? And what difficulty? Would love to see you on hard in inshriach when the strong groups at the end appear... two rounds, make a youtube video maybe i can learn something.

ZiN
Adventurer

Post by ZiN » October 6th, 2018, 1:10 am

Well, so far I have only found one fight worthy of making a video about:

The "impossible" fight at Siambra Dhu.

I'm playing on hard obviously, and currently it goes like this: 1st round: Elven Wine + Spellsong, Meditate, Razor Strop. 2nd round: Levitate, Mangar's Mallet if anyone survives (rarely) clean up with Storm of Blades / Spectre Touch. Of course, if enemies would survive the second round, all all of them would be stunned, terrified and out of spellpoints and I'd have all my empty spaces covered with healing and opportunity restoration spots.

If I find another fight worthy of making a video of, I'll do it, most likely it will be the final fight on hard with 3 characters (mage, bard, rogue).

ps. also watch this guy one-shotting the final boss with a drunken bard. This game is so broken mechanically, I wonder if it ever gets out of this "beta" state.