Crypt and block-tower in Stonsea

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Spektyr
Initiate

Crypt and block-tower in Stonsea

Post by Spektyr » October 2nd, 2018, 6:53 pm

So the crypt in the graveyard just after you ride the hand up... you use two keys to open the gates and then it says "Lockpick required".

Got one of those. Got several of those - both kinds. Doesn't work. Broken?

The block tower further on, where there's some stairs on top of the blocks and you have to build a path to the two chests. Got one, reset the blocks, but they're not the same as they were before. I haven't gone back in my saves to look, but I know that I didn't start with block-stairs, block-block, and block-block-stairs the first time because of the hole in the middle. Broken?

Finally, there's another little building just before the priest's chapel that has a gear puzzle. Get it wrong, spikes come up, and now you can't access it anymore. Broken?

The first one I'm pretty sure is not right, unless there's some "special" lockpick that's so special it's not actually named anything but "Lockpick". The other two are maybe working as intended if the the intention is that you can only get one of the two chests, or the third is that if you screw up it can't be undone.

Tuoweit
Acolyte

Re: Crypt and block-tower in Stonsea

Post by Tuoweit » October 2nd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Spektyr wrote: ↑
October 2nd, 2018, 6:53 pm
The block tower further on, where there's some stairs on top of the blocks and you have to build a path to the two chests. Got one, reset the blocks, but they're not the same as they were before. I haven't gone back in my saves to look, but I know that I didn't start with block-stairs, block-block, and block-block-stairs the first time because of the hole in the middle. Broken?

Finally, there's another little building just before the priest's chapel that has a gear puzzle. Get it wrong, spikes come up, and now you can't access it anymore. Broken?
I didn't have any problem resetting the blocks in the tower and getting both chests.

I did encounter the problem you describe with the spikes - in some positions you can't reach any of the cogs when the spikes are up. But I had saved the game just prior (since there was a save point just at the bottom of the stairs) and I just reloaded the game and solved it without triggering the spikes.

Zortok
Novice

Re: Crypt and block-tower in Stonsea

Post by Zortok » October 19th, 2018, 5:25 am

Spektyr wrote: ↑
October 2nd, 2018, 6:53 pm
So the crypt in the graveyard just after you ride the hand up... you use two keys to open the gates and then it says "Lockpick required".

Got one of those. Got several of those - both kinds. Doesn't work. Broken?

The first one I'm pretty sure is not right, unless there's some "special" lockpick that's so special it's not actually named anything but "Lockpick". The other two are maybe working as intended if the the intention is that you can only get one of the two chests, or the third is that if you screw up it can't be undone.
The block puzzle was fixed in Patch 3. The "Lockpick required" for the Crypt chest is a bug - lockpicks do not work instead you need to find a third Crypt Key which opens it