finding a way into castle langskaal

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

finding a way into castle langskaal

Post by GoonieOfDoom » October 1st, 2018, 2:35 pm

thx for all the help on midden maw everyone.. figured it out finally lol... now im stuck at the area near a gate that close buy theres a npc trapped behind a wooden wall that I need a fire bomb to burn down which I don't have btw.. but I cant get past the gate.. so I don't know wat I missed or if its something simple.. but if anyone knows how to get past that gate or even cheat to add items like the fire bomb to my inventory is good... aggravating for sure.. so much vagueness in wat we have to do it seems.. thx in advance..

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Re: finding a way into castle langskaal

Post by GoonieOfDoom » October 1st, 2018, 5:08 pm

k got past that lol.. sooo damn abscure on stuff... now im really stuck.. the area where u go under a fallen leaning stone cross... theres a gate that's blockd.. and I have noooo idea how to open it.. ive looked for hrs around near the gate for a switch or sumthin... nuthin.. so im sure its sumthing small im missing.. so If u know plz tell me ... aggravating yet again... thx in advance

GoonieOfDoom
Initiate

Post by GoonieOfDoom » October 1st, 2018, 5:12 pm

nvm lol soon as I typed.. found.. theres a weak wall u gotta smash .. leads to the lever... whew...lol

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » October 1st, 2018, 5:37 pm

Don't worry; things get worse. Just wait until you try to get into the actual castle.
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » October 1st, 2018, 10:46 pm

I can't get past the three Necromancers on the bridge. I did managed to eventually kill them, but not the skeleton warriors and archers they rose. It's just too difficult.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » October 2nd, 2018, 2:54 am

Orpheus the Bard wrote:
October 1st, 2018, 10:46 pm
I can't get past the three Necromancers on the bridge. I did managed to eventually kill them, but not the skeleton warriors and archers they rose. It's just too difficult.
Back in Skara Brae Below, if you locate all of the switches to the several runes you find scattered about, you will be able to open the Rune Gate (over near the Duke's place in Mangar's old tower). Inside you will find a weapon which I found to be VERY useful when fighting undead. Once I had that, the only tough undead fight I had was against Zanta and 7 skeletons.

BTW, I find that the best strategy for beating skeletons is to NOT kill any of them in the first round. Instead wound each of them as much as you can without killing them. (Any you kill will just reappear AT FULL STRENGTH at the end of the enemy round.) Then on the next round, each should be killable with just one hit. Once all of them are killed in one round, all you have to worry about are the non-skeletons.

"Choose wisely."

Jamey
Acolyte

Post by Jamey » October 2nd, 2018, 8:51 am

CaptainPatch wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 2:54 am
Back in Skara Brae Below, if you locate all of the switches to the several runes you find scattered about, you will be able to open the Rune Gate (over near the Duke's place in Mangar's old tower). Inside you will find a weapon which I found to be VERY useful when fighting undead. Once I had that, the only tough undead fight I had was against Zanta and 7 skeletons.
That is a great weapon, even not against undead. It is the offhand weapon on my Bard, paired with a good puzzle axe.
CaptainPatch wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 2:54 am
BTW, I find that the best strategy for beating skeletons is to NOT kill any of them in the first round. Instead wound each of them as much as you can without killing them. (Any you kill will just reappear AT FULL STRENGTH at the end of the enemy round.) Then on the next round, each should be killable with just one hit. Once all of them are killed in one round, all you have to worry about are the non-skeletons.
I find the best strategy for beating skeletons is to wipe them along with whatever else is with them in one round. A high strength mage can reliably tag 4 foes with Conjurer's mark in the first round (two with Arc Fire and two with the base mental damage spell). My mage also had an armor stripping puzzle weapon in her offhand, meaning that none of those 4 generally had armor by the time the cascading explosions started. After that was done, I mopped up the rest with other characters.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » October 2nd, 2018, 12:05 pm

Jamey wrote:
October 2nd, 2018, 8:51 am
I find the best strategy for beating skeletons is to wipe them along with whatever else is with them in one round. A high strength mage can reliably tag 4 foes with Conjurer's mark in the first round (two with Arc Fire and two with the base mental damage spell). My mage also had an armor stripping puzzle weapon in her offhand, meaning that none of those 4 generally had armor by the time the cascading explosions started. After that was done, I mopped up the rest with other characters.
If your party is powerful enough to wipe EVERYTHING in just one turn, skeletons really aren't much to worry about... much less anything else. May as well just have an all-powerful Death spell to shortcut combat and get back to solving puzzles.

"Choose wisely."