A Bug With the High Jarl.

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

A Bug With the High Jarl.

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 29th, 2018, 3:57 pm

Speaking with the High Jarl once I made it to the tavern in the Stennish Isles. I find that I cannot end the conversation to resume my quest. I fear that I might need to update game. I lot harder now since I don't use internet as easierly as I did before. Right now I cannot afford the data usage to do this and not even when I can use internet again in several days time.

Would like to know if anybody else has encountered this bug?

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Re: A Bug With the High Jarl.

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 29th, 2018, 3:59 pm

BTW, this means I cannot make any progress in the game at all Until it's patched. But damn, I cannot patch.

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 29th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Current Version, 4.18.3-100601+++BardsTale4-Main+Build

Paranoiac
Novice

Post by Paranoiac » September 29th, 2018, 7:10 pm

Sorry, Orpheus, I haven't seen this bug. I hope you figure it out without a patch!

Orpheus the Bard
Explorer

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 30th, 2018, 9:54 pm

I don't know how, but after fighting some more of those skellies, the problem came good. I was able finish the conversation with the high jarl without closing the game down and also noticed that all I needed to do was click on the screen underneath all the other options. Like the option was there, but just not showing up on the screen. In fact, it did appear during the conversation, then it disappeared again and all I had to do was that.

Similar problem with the Digital Bard's tale Novella. The first one, was only showing a hundred pages of writing yesterday and it seemed like the story was un finished and especially with the last few pages missing and the final page with the words The End. As it turns out, the 100th page was only the first page of the very last very last chapter. Anyway, I checked again this morning and was bale to finish reading it. :)