Last glyph/rune, F

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Last glyph/rune, F

Post by CaptainPatch » September 29th, 2018, 12:02 am

I located this rune near the Emporium in a backstreet. (Except that while looking mostly like an F, the one on an inside wall had the arms pointing left rather than right.) I have looked high and low for the switch with no luck. A couple people said that the rune could be found in a building next to where you break through the wall. opposite the tangled vine barrier. And that the switch was next to the hole in the wall. Buuuuttttt, where I found the rune was in a building a half-dozen buildings away from the hole in the wall! (I looked in the area suggested area anyway, again with no luck.)

Anybody got a picture? Or a VERY specific description as to where that switch can be found?
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

Vandor
Acolyte

Re: Last glyph/rune, F

Post by Vandor » September 29th, 2018, 7:31 am

This old thread has all of the locations except for the one that resembles phi which you already have:
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19104&p=196945&hilit=rune#p196945

By the way, the contents of the room are underwhelming.
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » September 29th, 2018, 3:51 pm

The picture of the glyph location is the same as what I have seen. But for the switch location, all it says is "Adjacent to the Father notice on the wall." I have run my cursor over pretty much every pixel on, around, and beyond that Fatherite notice on the wall. NOTHING triggers an Activate for a switch.

I'm starting to think my game is glitched.

"Choose wisely."

Paranoiac
Novice

Post by Paranoiac » September 29th, 2018, 7:08 pm

CaptainPatch wrote: ↑
September 29th, 2018, 3:51 pm
The picture of the glyph location is the same as what I have seen. But for the switch location, all it says is "Adjacent to the Father notice on the wall." I have run my cursor over pretty much every pixel on, around, and beyond that Fatherite notice on the wall. NOTHING triggers an Activate for a switch.

I'm starting to think my game is glitched.
I always meant to post a reply to that one correcting it. It is indeed NOT on the wall next to the Fatherite Notice. I believe this is the one you are looking for: Image

Let me know if it's the wrong one and I'll try to find a pic for the correct icon.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » September 29th, 2018, 7:36 pm

That is indeed the location with the backward-F. I have scoured all the walls and floors in the vicinity, on both of the two exposed sides of the building, plus adjacent walls. I'm not finding anything in the way of a switch.

"Choose wisely."

Paranoiac
Novice

Post by Paranoiac » September 29th, 2018, 7:48 pm

CaptainPatch wrote: ↑
September 29th, 2018, 7:36 pm
That is indeed the location with the backward-F. I have scoured all the walls and floors in the vicinity, on both of the two exposed sides of the building, plus adjacent walls. I'm not finding anything in the way of a switch.
Alrihgt, I'm pretty sure you're not bugged. I think they changed the location from the Beta, and I don't have a save that far back, so my memory is a touch fuzzy. If I remember correctly, the new location is to the right.

EDIT: They did not change the location from the Beta Posting new pic below.

Hope this helps!
Last edited by Paranoiac on September 30th, 2018, 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » September 29th, 2018, 9:14 pm

So I closely examined that building. Door in stone frame on the left side of that wall. Window with shutters, also stone framed, on the right side. Second story above with a centered window. The bottom stone frame of that upper window is just reachable. Thoroughly swept that whole side of the building. For good measure, I went around the right side of the building and swept that too. NO SWITCH.

I have the feeling that when someone shows me EXACTLY where to look, I will be swearing up and down that "I looked there! A dozen times!" But obviously I still managed to miss it... every.... single.... time.

I will probably be saying "Duhhhhhhhh" for a very, very long time.

"Choose wisely."

Paranoiac
Novice

Post by Paranoiac » September 30th, 2018, 1:11 am

Here is a better picture showing which stone it is. Unfortunately, due to FOV, I couldn't get a picture of where the rune is located, but know that this is standing directly in front of the building in my previous screenshot. Just turn slightly to the left, and look at the window on the next building.

Please let me know if you need more.

Hope this helps!

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Post by CaptainPatch » September 30th, 2018, 2:06 pm

THAT'S IT! Thank you, thank you, (many more).... thank you!

I could have sworn I had looked there many many times.

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:lol:

"Choose wisely."

Paranoiac
Novice

Post by Paranoiac » September 30th, 2018, 3:11 pm

Hey, glad I could help! It sucks that the only saves I had from my current run were after...uh, i wasn't allowed to go back to that area; took me a few hours to get a new save game to the point where I could find the block.

Glad you got it sorted! I've been in the same boat many times, especially in this game. :D