Problem With Puzzles

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Cognitive
Initiate

Problem With Puzzles

Post by Cognitive » September 27th, 2018, 6:35 pm

I'm having a major problem that I didn't even notice too much until I saw some videos of gameplay. I can't see any of the graphics on the puzzles and if I can, they are very faint. Is there any suggestions that someone can give me. I have the graphics set to High. I've noticed that if I lower the graphics down any, I really can't see anything at all. It makes somewhat difficult puzzles almost impossible. Currently I'm in Mangar's Tower and I can't see the symbols that I'm supposed to be turning. Any help would be appreciated.

tomasp3n
Initiate

Re: Problem With Puzzles

Post by tomasp3n » September 28th, 2018, 5:46 am

What symbols are you referring to? The ones on the wheels that are barred but open up for a limited time when you press the buttons? Those are black on white and fairly large of you stand near enough, sounds really weird that you can't see them.

Tuoweit
Acolyte

Re: Problem With Puzzles

Post by Tuoweit » September 28th, 2018, 6:31 am

Cognitive wrote: ↑
September 27th, 2018, 6:35 pm
I'm having a major problem that I didn't even notice too much until I saw some videos of gameplay. I can't see any of the graphics on the puzzles and if I can, they are very faint. Is there any suggestions that someone can give me. I have the graphics set to High. I've noticed that if I lower the graphics down any, I really can't see anything at all. It makes somewhat difficult puzzles almost impossible. Currently I'm in Mangar's Tower and I can't see the symbols that I'm supposed to be turning. Any help would be appreciated.

This is a known issue they are working on. As a workaround, you can temporarily set your texture quality to Ultra in order to solve the puzzles.