The Logician's Dinner Party book location

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Melancolie
Initiate

The Logician's Dinner Party book location

Post by Melancolie » September 26th, 2018, 9:40 am

Does anyone have the location of the books?

I've only found book 2 and 4, and i feel like i've been everywhere. Silly as i am i dont remember where i found the books..

Shismar
Initiate

Re: The Logician's Dinner Party book location

Post by Shismar » September 26th, 2018, 10:30 am

Book one can be found shortly after the forest, I think, but book three comes quite a bit later.

Jamey
Acolyte

Post by Jamey » September 26th, 2018, 10:32 am

The last book is quite late on the islands. I figured I had missed one until I finally found the last one.

Melancolie
Initiate

Post by Melancolie » September 27th, 2018, 8:32 am

I found book 1 in the Wyre rookery.

Still missing book 3.

Depili
Scholar

Post by Depili » September 27th, 2018, 10:35 am

The castle has the last book

DSCrankshaw
Novice

Post by DSCrankshaw » October 7th, 2018, 10:19 am

So I got all the books, and I'm still having trouble solving this puzzle. So, one question: are you supposed to be able to give the books to the statues? The puzzle says that each of them is reading a book, which I assumed meant I was supposed to place a book in each statue's offering, but the game tells me I can't place the book there. I'm just wondering whether that's a bug.

Depili
Scholar

Post by Depili » October 8th, 2018, 4:32 am

DSCrankshaw wrote: ↑
October 7th, 2018, 10:19 am
So I got all the books, and I'm still having trouble solving this puzzle. So, one question: are you supposed to be able to give the books to the statues? The puzzle says that each of them is reading a book, which I assumed meant I was supposed to place a book in each statue's offering, but the game tells me I can't place the book there. I'm just wondering whether that's a bug.
The puzzle has a silly quirk in that you can only place the books into the correct positions, which makes solving it trivial.

DSCrankshaw
Novice

Post by DSCrankshaw » October 8th, 2018, 11:11 am

Really? Huh. Well, I guess that means I haven't figured out the puzzle as well as I thought I had. I knew that at least one of my assumptions was wrong, so I guess it should be easy to figure out which one now.

DSCrankshaw
Novice

Post by DSCrankshaw » October 8th, 2018, 11:26 am

Got it. I had assumed that only the statue on the far right had open eyes, but figured I might be wrong with that. Guess I was.

Also, I couldn't figure out what the fourth drink was. I couldn't remember whether it was one of the items initially given by Maureen, but was thinking that if it was, it was water. Nope.

DNACowboy
Scholar

Post by DNACowboy » October 12th, 2018, 6:31 am

DSCrankshaw wrote: ↑
October 7th, 2018, 10:19 am
I have just added the solution to the 'secrets of Bards Tale 4' thread (bottom of first post), enjoy:

http://i65.tinypic.com/1e6r1d.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19104
This poster receives no commercial consideration or work from Inxile, he truly believes Bards Tale IV: Barrows Deep to be a great game and one he enjoys on a daily basis