Bones in the Fog unpassable bug

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Tau
Initiate

Bones in the Fog unpassable bug

Post by Tau » September 25th, 2018, 8:24 am

Hello!

This morning I found out about this bug watching CohhCarnage on Twitch. I realized it might have applied to my game without my realizing it, since I had gone back and done a lot of questing after reaching the town.

I just wanted to see, is this something that will be retroactively fixed for game saves where it has already happened? If so, do we have any idea when?

I have a save about 3 hours of gameplay back, which I could still potentially load from. But, I'd rather not if it's something that will be fixed soon.

Any information you can provide would be fantastic!

phimseto
Adventurer

Re: Bones in the Fog unpassable bug

Post by phimseto » September 25th, 2018, 8:33 am

Hi Tau, it is not retroactive so if you have that save, please do use it. Also, if you are on GOG, make sure your game is fully patched as the hotfix is in there.

Tau
Initiate

Post by Tau » September 25th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply! I was able to reload from the old save and get back to make sure she was there.

Fashtas
Initiate

Post by Fashtas » October 1st, 2018, 12:40 am

May not have been retroactive but the hotfix also did not actually fix the issue either.

I just came across the bug today with a fully patched GoG version. I'd never been to the island before today, but priestess is missing from the temple

jojobrain
Initiate

Post by jojobrain » October 1st, 2018, 9:52 am

I'm stuck here too. I have the gog version with the 1st patch. Each freaking patch is 26GB. Do I require the second patch ? Do I have to download another 26GB? Please tell me what I need to do to fix this broken game.

Fashtas
Initiate

Post by Fashtas » October 1st, 2018, 3:56 pm

The second patch is coming down on Gog *but* there is no sign in the notes I can see that there is a *RETROACTIVE* fix for the Fog bug

The only way I think you can fix it is load an older save before you talk to the Silkie sisters and *NEVER TALK TO THE SISTERS AGAIN* until you have completely exhausted all other options, at least until you have met the priestess in the temple I'd guess.

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » October 2nd, 2018, 1:49 pm

Fashtas wrote: ↑
October 1st, 2018, 3:56 pm
The second patch is coming down on Gog *but* there is no sign in the notes I can see that there is a *RETROACTIVE* fix for the Fog bug

The only way I think you can fix it is load an older save before you talk to the Silkie sisters and *NEVER TALK TO THE SISTERS AGAIN* until you have completely exhausted all other options, at least until you have met the priestess in the temple I'd guess.
those sisters have been more sucessfull in thwarting the heroes than any villain sent after them.

Fashtas
Initiate

Post by Fashtas » October 2nd, 2018, 9:12 pm

Spectralshade wrote: ↑
October 2nd, 2018, 1:49 pm
those sisters have been more sucessfull in thwarting the heroes than any villain sent after them.
LOL :)

I beat them today, it looks like:

- If you click on the sisters to talk to them for the first time, you are now bugged. Reload
- If the sisters interrupt another conversation to talk to YOU the first time, then you are OK

I have a feeling the last half of the game was not tested all that well. I just got stuck trying to find a game blocking (edit: TINY) white key, hidden in a white snow driftwood, with a few tiny white particles being emitted from it, down a dead end with nothing much else in it. Thats 2 hours I'll never get back

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » October 3rd, 2018, 3:55 pm

We put together a save that you can use if you're stuck on this bug: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7hfx57783k8q6 ... e.zip?dl=0