Vaughn treasure room puzzle

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

CaptainPatch
Grandmaster

Vaughn treasure room puzzle

Post by CaptainPatch » September 24th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Just leaving the Fichti village and ran into the women trying to solve the puzle.

4 offering statues.

$ offering choices: 1 broth, 1 cabbage, 1 Dwarven Stout, 1 potato.

HOWEVER, each statue requires THREE items. How am i supposed to satisfy four statues that collectively require 12 items when I have been provided only FOUR items?
"If you don't know what is worth dying for, Life isn't worth living."

"Choose wisely."

SilverMike
Initiate

Re: Vaughn treasure room puzzle

Post by SilverMike » September 24th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Like she said, you should find some reading material before tackling the offerings.

Jamey
Acolyte

Post by Jamey » September 24th, 2018, 10:05 pm

I have found 2 books that seem related to this, "The Logicians Dinner Party" volumes 2 and 4. I presume the other two are around somewhere.

Jamey
Acolyte

Post by Jamey » September 25th, 2018, 1:19 pm

This gets more interesting. The quest says I have collected all of the books with volumes 1, 2, and 4.

I feel like there is not enough information in those three books to solve this. Has anyone found volume 3?

wajit
Initiate

Post by wajit » September 28th, 2018, 6:20 pm

Its very common to only have two of the books as you gets those early on in the area called The Forest of Inshriach. Either book 4 or 2 is found in the "The Skyhenge" area The last book which is book 3 is found on a table in Castle Langskaal. Which is much later in the story and you need to have found the Kings Key to open the one of the last doors to get to the kings room which has the 5 bells that open the secret door to fight Logath Zanta. You will go past this room to a large room that has a painted scene on it with ravens which is also the clue needed to ring the bells in the kings bedroom. On the the reverse side of that room is where the book 3 is found. Book 1 is found somewhere in Sewers of Castle Langskaal.

wajit
Initiate

Post by wajit » September 28th, 2018, 6:24 pm

Jamey wrote: ↑
September 24th, 2018, 10:05 pm
I have found 2 books that seem related to this, "The Logicians Dinner Party" volumes 2 and 4. I presume the other two are around somewhere.
Book 1 and Book 3 are found later as you progress towards the end of the game. Sewers of Castle Langskaal has Book 1 and Castle Langskaal has book 3

wajit
Initiate

Post by wajit » September 28th, 2018, 6:31 pm

As a side note for those that might not know you need to complete this quest in order to potentially gain access Harkyn's Castle otherwise you wont be able to get in at all. Completing this quest will give you the item needed to access that dungeon. Posting below the link about Harkyn's Castle.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19627&p=201797&hil ... le#p201797