Temple of Vildsvin - Can't progress

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Elcry
Initiate

Temple of Vildsvin - Can't progress

Post by Elcry » September 22nd, 2018, 4:28 pm

On the quest Bones in the fog I went to the back talked to the ghost, killed the ambush and acquired the key to the boar's temple. Inside the quest updates to "Explore the temple" the only place to go is the basement where the giant portals that are clearly up to no good reside in the giant room with the 6 side rooms. There is a quest marker in the middle of that room and and indicator of an NPC but there is nobody to talk to and nothing to interact with for me. Am i missing something or is there supposed to be something in that room. I've tried to reload, load another save, restarted the game and reloaded a save before i went into the temple. Nothing seems to make anything spawn in that room.

Tuoweit
Acolyte

Re: Temple of Vildsvin - Can't progress

Post by Tuoweit » September 22nd, 2018, 9:40 pm

It's a bug. Apparently you'll need to reload a save from before you've explored the docks area on the island.

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19518

Elcry
Initiate

Post by Elcry » September 24th, 2018, 2:48 pm

rip game then. After i couldn't progress i went back and did the dwarven ruins and some side areas so no save before then. Absolute shame as well because this game was fun but not fun enough to just start over.

Elcry
Initiate

Post by Elcry » September 29th, 2018, 3:01 am

still not fix for this? More than a week for a Game breaking soft lock feels awful for an otherwise amazing game.

Spectralshade
Scholar

Post by Spectralshade » September 29th, 2018, 8:07 am

Elcry wrote: ↑
September 29th, 2018, 3:01 am
still not fix for this? More than a week for a Game breaking soft lock feels awful for an otherwise amazing game.
from what I understand, they consider the issue fixed that you need a save from before the release version broke your game