[BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Post Reply
pjolterbeist
Initiate
Posts: 3
Joined: September 20th, 2018, 7:50 am

[BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by pjolterbeist » September 21st, 2018, 1:00 pm

I did not check Gaufroi's corpse using the song after the battle, then entered the elven lands, then went back. I have a task and quest marker in the tunnel to talk to the corpse, but the corpse is not in the tunnel any more.

gamervern4
Initiate
Posts: 1
Joined: September 22nd, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by gamervern4 » September 22nd, 2018, 10:39 am

Same here the way he died I thought I talked to him automatically before he faded away

User avatar
Grohal
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: April 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Grohal » September 23rd, 2018, 6:57 am

Same bug here.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

User avatar
Oldschool Roleplayer
Scholar
Posts: 125
Joined: November 29th, 2012, 7:57 am

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Oldschool Roleplayer » September 23rd, 2018, 6:59 am

Well THAT is going to make it difficult for me to progress further into the game, considering it's a critical path quest.....

sagima
Initiate
Posts: 5
Joined: September 23rd, 2018, 10:10 am

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by sagima » September 23rd, 2018, 10:13 am

Yes - i lost his corpse as well. not been a problem so far - just arrived at what I think should be Torr Fion

User avatar
Grohal
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: April 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Grohal » September 23rd, 2018, 12:33 pm

Oldschool Roleplayer wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 6:59 am
Well THAT is going to make it difficult for me to progress further into the game, considering it's a critical path quest.....
I can reassure you here - it is not necessary to finish the quest. Just found out. :)
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

User avatar
Orpheus the Bard
Explorer
Posts: 292
Joined: July 2nd, 2015, 3:48 am

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 23rd, 2018, 4:01 pm

You know , I forgot what the corpse told me now, but suspect it's written in my quest logs.

So, if you tried talking to the corpse and it didn't work, then check your quest logs for that vital information. I could be wrong though, because I am just guessing.

Otherwise load aearlier game and do that battle gain. Unfortnatley, yeah.
Image

User avatar
elfmage
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 23rd, 2018, 7:37 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by elfmage » September 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm

I am having the same issue. On GOG's version ... so I'm not sure if patch 1 fixes this, patch is not on GOG yet as far as I'm aware. Even so this is not mentioned in the patch notes provided on Steam ...

I attempted to continue the game without talking to the corpse but the flag(s) don't seem to change after talking to the 'guard' in the location after. The game just keeps telling me to talk with Gaufroi's corpse. Blue icon leads me to where his corpse should be.

I attempted the following 2 things (multiple times):
-Kill Gaufroi last
-Not last

You see bones when you kill him either way but cannot interact with them. If you leave the area and reload it the bones disappear but the blue quest icon is still there.

Just so any developer reading this is aware - his voice seems to be echoing during the last sentence when you kill him last but not if you kill him before all jester goblins. Lastly if the intention was to have him get the first strike every time you can simply walk slowly and stop moving (or press back during his appearance animation) and he will just stand there not attacking letting you get first strike. Option 2 is keep clicking your mouse while you move forward and you can interrupt him and get first strike.

Thanks,
Elfmage

User avatar
Grohal
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: April 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Grohal » September 24th, 2018, 12:18 am

elfmage wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm
I am having the same issue. On GOG's version ... so I'm not sure if patch 1 fixes this, patch is not on GOG yet as far as I'm aware. Even so this is not mentioned in the patch notes provided on Steam ...

I attempted to continue the game without talking to the corpse but the flag(s) don't seem to change after talking to the 'guard' in the location after. The game just keeps telling me to talk with Gaufroi's corpse. Blue icon leads me to where his corpse should be.

I attempted the following 2 things (multiple times):
-Kill Gaufroi last
-Not last

You see bones when you kill him either way but cannot interact with them. If you leave the area and reload it the bones disappear but the blue quest icon is still there.

Just so any developer reading this is aware - his voice seems to be echoing during the last sentence when you kill him last but not if you kill him before all jester goblins. Lastly if the intention was to have him get the first strike every time you can simply walk slowly and stop moving (or press back during his appearance animation) and he will just stand there not attacking letting you get first strike. Option 2 is keep clicking your mouse while you move forward and you can interrupt him and get first strike.

Thanks,
Elfmage
You don*t have to talk to the ghost of Gaufroi. It is enough to talk to the leader (not the guard) on the next map - quest finished. Just did so yesterday.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

User avatar
Orpheus the Bard
Explorer
Posts: 292
Joined: July 2nd, 2015, 3:48 am

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Orpheus the Bard » September 24th, 2018, 1:48 am

elfmage wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 7:50 pm
I am having the same issue. On GOG's version ... so I'm not sure if patch 1 fixes this, patch is not on GOG yet as far as I'm aware. Even so this is not mentioned in the patch notes provided on Steam ...

I attempted to continue the game without talking to the corpse but the flag(s) don't seem to change after talking to the 'guard' in the location after. The game just keeps telling me to talk with Gaufroi's corpse. Blue icon leads me to where his corpse should be.

I attempted the following 2 things (multiple times):
-Kill Gaufroi last
-Not last

You see bones when you kill him either way but cannot interact with them. If you leave the area and reload it the bones disappear but the blue quest icon is still there.

Just so any developer reading this is aware - his voice seems to be echoing during the last sentence when you kill him last but not if you kill him before all jester goblins. Lastly if the intention was to have him get the first strike every time you can simply walk slowly and stop moving (or press back during his appearance animation) and he will just stand there not attacking letting you get first strike. Option 2 is keep clicking your mouse while you move forward and you can interrupt him and get first strike.

Thanks,
Elfmage
Killing him is hard enough with out killing him in preference.
Image

User avatar
elfmage
Initiate
Posts: 2
Joined: September 23rd, 2018, 7:37 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by elfmage » September 24th, 2018, 5:18 pm

*Edited - I figured it out*

Figured it out ... :( - I feel so dumb :lol: using the ability/song 'What the River Takes' makes him appear giving you some story. Then the quest markers are correct.

*End of edit*
Grohal wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 12:18 am
You don*t have to talk to the ghost of Gaufroi. It is enough to talk to the leader (not the guard) on the next map - quest finished. Just did so yesterday.
Patch 1 may have fixed this slightly, when I attempted to keep going previously I did not have talk to Mother Nain in my quest dialogue so I didn't bother attempting to get to her. I have the strategy guide from backing the project so I checked to see what I was 'supposed to do', also saw your comment up above but again no quest marker so honestly I didn't bother trying. This time after patching however I did have it listed and had 2 blue quest icons markers to travel to after killing Gaufroi, so I completed the wood and spoke with her and it has moved onto the next chapter.
Orpheus the Bard wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 1:48 am
Killing him is hard enough with out killing him in preference.
True, but he was easier then fighting the giants earlier thankfully. I think having 2 mages in my party helps ;)

User avatar
Grohal
Master
Posts: 1002
Joined: April 26th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Re: [BUG] Did not talk to Gaufroi's corpse, now it's gone

Post by Grohal » September 25th, 2018, 12:35 am

elfmage wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 5:18 pm
...
Grohal wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 12:18 am
You don*t have to talk to the ghost of Gaufroi. It is enough to talk to the leader (not the guard) on the next map - quest finished. Just did so yesterday.
Patch 1 may have fixed this slightly, when I attempted to keep going previously I did not have talk to Mother Nain in my quest dialogue so I didn't bother attempting to get to her. I have the strategy guide from backing the project so I checked to see what I was 'supposed to do', also saw your comment up above but again no quest marker so honestly I didn't bother trying. This time after patching however I did have it listed and had 2 blue quest icons markers to travel to after killing Gaufroi, so I completed the wood and spoke with her and it has moved onto the next chapter.
...
Mmh, strange. As I have BT IV on GOG it was pre-patch working for me. First talk to the guard, and the guard sends you on to Mother Nain.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests