[Bug] - Game hangs

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Hawkeye
Novice

[Bug] - Game hangs

Post by Hawkeye » September 21st, 2018, 11:32 am

So I'm in Kylearan's Tower.
I have cleared the room to the left (the one with the swinging axes.
In the room to the right I encounter a kind of wizard and a couple of the small guys.
Every time the wizard uses Managar's Mind Jab, the game freezes and I have to use the Task Manager to shut it down.

Anyone else with that problem?

Oh,
i7 4930
32 GB RAM
AMD R9 290 X
Of course I belive in peace - peace through superior firepower

Skarnwolf
Initiate

Re: [Bug] - Game hangs

Post by Skarnwolf » September 22nd, 2018, 6:04 am

I am getting similar bugs whenever an enemy mage casts a spell. However, I get a black screen and my video card doesn't respond (No Signal Input). Only solution so far is a restart of the computer. Graphics options are set to 'medium', but it seems to happen on any setting. Started playing on 'Ultra' and got the bug, so dropped the setting, but still getting it.

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye » September 22nd, 2018, 7:50 am

Update:

I'm now in the final fight in Kylearan's Tower (worked around the encounter by re-shoveling my party and quickly killing the mage) and I don't think there is a way to prevent the fight-boss from using Mangar's Mind Jab - and yes, as soon as that spell hits, the game freezes.

Superjuice
Initiate

Post by Superjuice » September 22nd, 2018, 7:26 pm

Having the exact same issue on Mangar when he uses Mind Jab. Game stutters, then freezes, and subsequently times out and crashes. Cannot progress :\

i5 3570k
RX480 8GB

Superjuice
Initiate

Post by Superjuice » September 23rd, 2018, 6:03 pm

Hawkeye wrote:
September 22nd, 2018, 7:50 am
Update:

I'm now in the final fight in Kylearan's Tower (worked around the encounter by re-shoveling my party and quickly killing the mage) and I don't think there is a way to prevent the fight-boss from using Mangar's Mind Jab - and yes, as soon as that spell hits, the game freezes.
Updating driver to adrenalin edition 18.9.2 0 got me past this freeze. Hopefully it does the same for you.

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye » September 23rd, 2018, 9:06 pm

I have started a new game and this seems to have fixed the issue (I didn't change anything, though, so I can't suggest anything except for, well, perhaps try a new game - yeah, probably not what anyone with that issue wants to hear)

I am not yet in the Mangar fight yet, but have recieved several Mangar's Mind Jabs during "lesser" fights without problems.

Superjuice
Initiate

Post by Superjuice » September 24th, 2018, 9:37 am

Hawkeye wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:06 pm
I have started a new game and this seems to have fixed the issue (I didn't change anything, though, so I can't suggest anything except for, well, perhaps try a new game - yeah, probably not what anyone with that issue wants to hear)

I am not yet in the Mangar fight yet, but have recieved several Mangar's Mind Jabs during "lesser" fights without problems.
FWIW I never had issues with any other Mind Jabs prior to that Mangar fight, I think it just triggered the right set of effects to crash the video driver. Hope the new game+ goes better :D

Ragnar Iceblood
Initiate

Post by Ragnar Iceblood » September 24th, 2018, 1:00 pm

Game hangs in inventory for me, just had it again. Thought they fixed that in first patch.

Just doing a bit of crafting, then mousepointer freezes, audio continues, and you cannot do anything except kill it in task manager

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » September 24th, 2018, 6:22 pm

Just FYI - we're aware of the Mind Jab bug and are working on a fix.

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye » September 25th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Superjuice wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 9:37 am
Hawkeye wrote:
September 23rd, 2018, 9:06 pm

FWIW I never had issues with any other Mind Jabs prior to that Mangar fight, I think it just triggered the right set of effects to crash the video driver. Hope the new game+ goes better :D
Finished the Mangar fight and all went well :D